Hello from Pennsylvania

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo4whl

Reaction score
Hi, I just learned about this forum. I have been a GM truck owner since 1974. A few years ago I wanted to buy myself a wrecker. I knew what I wanted so I wasn't in a hurry. The last of the real 3500HDs I spotted this 1998. Solid front axle and front leaf springs! The wrecker body, a Nomar wasn't my first choice, but I knew it would be easy to make it perfect. The chassis was the right choice with the wrecker upfit option. This truck was built as a wrecker from day one.

Here is a picture from the ad in N.C.

You must be registered for see images attach

Low miles, it needed brakes and tires and the wrecker option I wanted, an auto loader. So I added that:

Here is my Hobby wrecker working the day I brought home my 1956 Chevy 3800:

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi, I just learned about this forum. I have been a GM truck owner since 1974. A few years ago I wanted to buy myself a wrecker. I knew what I wanted so I wasn't in a hurry. The last of the real 3500HDs I spotted this 1998. Solid front axle and front leaf springs! The wrecker body, a Nomar wasn't my first choice, but I knew it would be easy to make it perfect. The chassis was the right choice with the wrecker upfit option. This truck was built as a wrecker from day one.

Here is a picture from the ad in N.C.

Low miles, it needed brakes and tires and the wrecker option I wanted, an auto loader. So I added that:

Here is my Hobby wrecker working the day I brought home my 1956 Chevy 3800:

Nice Truck... don't see those any more. Welcome to the forum?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Welcome!
Some of those 3500HD tow-trucks are actually registered as 2001's.
They were the last of the 400's produced before getting the 800 switch.
Same with 3500HD cab-n-chassis'.
Dealers knew of the late production change over to the 800 3500HD's, so they stocked up.
I remember seeing dealerships around here that had row upon row of them. For years. All white.
The first time they were registered, the model year was designated as the year that they were sold in.