Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Finally some idea of what I'm looking at for parts!
First, the '93 ecsb 4×4...
You must be registered for see images attach

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
And now the '97 Tahoe...

Vortec 5.7, cold air and other items are of interest here, but Dad said something broke in the bottom end of the engine while driving. He's no mechanic, so it's anyone's guess as to what happened. He said the ac was ice cold in it. Mine is missing.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
And now the '97 Tahoe...

Vortec 5.7, cold air and other items are of interest here, but Dad said something broke in the bottom end of the engine while driving. He's no mechanic, so it's anyone's guess as to what happened. He said the ac was ice cold in it. Mine is missing.
Man that dashboard in the Tahoe looks in better shape than the one in my Burb. Back bumper looks good too, unless it's rusty on the bottom where it's hard to see. The vortec accessories are mounted directly opposite to the TBI engines, so if you use that stuff on the older engine there may be issues. Surely some of these guys would know for sure.....I don't have a TBI 350 to look at anymore to compare to my Burb vortec. The aluminum bracket is different, and I don't know if the bolt holes are the same on both blocks, and if the holes are in the heads too and what difference there may be.
A Tahoe/Yukon/ Burb owner that wants to convert to the tailgate would probably be interested in the gate and glass on the Tahoe. Looks pretty good. Hard to find barn doors around here without dents, don't see the gates very often.
Too bad Louisville is so far away from Houston....we'd be doing some trading!

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
MAN those two are trashed on the inside! The '93 has a good tilt column, steering wheel, the tach, cargo light, and sliding rear window. Wiring needed for the composite headlight and grille swap... if anyone sees anything that I couldn't possibly use on my 3500, hit me up. Wish I knew the true condition of the Vortec. I was looking forward to a little more power...

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
Of course it's not a simple swap, haha! That's how I roll!
The Tahoe's body almost makes me think it would be worth fixing. But I haven't seen underneath. My brother in law is an aircraft mechanic for the last 30+ years. The Tahoe was his. Ordered it new and serviced it himself till a nbs 4×4 caught his eye and he gave it to Dad. Dad used to take care of his vehicles, but not so much now.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score

Dark Autumnwood Metallic painted truck, these wheels, 2/4 lowering kit, 500 c.i. Caddy engine with my 4L80E, dark tinted windows, the grille from the 97 Tahoe, 4 high & corner marker mod, chrome/amber cab marker lights, "possibly" the newer interior from the Tahoe (I like the old square interior better, and it's all non power)...

Just thinking out loud @5am...