Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Having a hard time deciding on which grille and headlight assembly to use. My attraction to these OBS trucks was, in part, the composite headlights and grille. To me, it's tough, but classy at the same time.
You must be registered for see images attach

And I REALLY like...

Then there's this truck that popped up on a Google search. I ABSOLUTELY love the ENTIRE look of this truck, paint and all!

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
And I REALLY like...
This is the route I'm planning, but finding an OE paintable grille, has proved to be difficult. The aftermarket grilles missing the border bits around the bowtie, bug me too much to buy one of them. Thought about buying two of the cheap aftermarket grilles, and shaving the bowtie, but worried I'd screw it up, and be back to no grille, and wasted money.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This is the route I'm planning, but finding an OE paintable grille, has proved to be difficult. The aftermarket grilles missing the border bits around the bowtie, bug me too much to buy one of them. Thought about buying two of the cheap aftermarket grilles, and shaving the bowtie, but worried I'd screw it up, and be back to no grille, and wasted money.
Wasn't there a company that made a 94 up Silverado grille without the bowtie in the middle? Swear I saw them back in the day.....dad was thinking about one for the other 99 Burb we had. I don't mind the bowtie because it's not too huge like the newer trucks use. I saw a '21 Tahoe the other day, from the side at first and then from the rear. Thought it was an expedition until I saw the foot wide gold bowtie on its butt....The last generation Ford and Lincoln SUV looks like the Chevy from the side so I guess GM returned the favor. Personally, I look at new trucks and SUVs and think " how many 400s could I get and fix up for that kinda $$$".....

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wasn't there a company that made a 94 up Silverado grille without the bowtie in the middle? Swear I saw them back in the day.....dad was thinking about one for the other 99 Burb we had. I don't mind the bowtie because it's not too huge like the newer trucks use. I saw a '21 Tahoe the other day, from the side at first and then from the rear. Thought it was an expedition until I saw the foot wide gold bowtie on its butt....The last generation Ford and Lincoln SUV looks like the Chevy from the side so I guess GM returned the favor. Personally, I look at new trucks and SUVs and think " how many 400s could I get and fix up for that kinda $$$".....
You are correct, it was called the Phantom grille:

And I agree about the new trucks, they all seem to be copying each other at the moment.