Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I need to head out to my Dad's house, he has 20 acres in the middle of nowhere and has 2 parts trucks for me. He's 80 years old and can't remember which one is what year, but I believe that I may have a Vortec 5.7 waiting for me...
And wiring harness for the composite front end, etc.
He can't stand the GMT400 trucks. Has a Tahoe and a ecsb Silverado. Had multiple issues with fuel pumps, coolant leaks, door handles, taillights... I think I remember that the bottom 4 or 6 inches of the Silverado were rusted away... you would have thought I told him that I was investing in Yugo or something with the news of my truck!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I need to head out to my Dad's house, he has 20 acres in the middle of nowhere and has 2 parts trucks for me. He's 80 years old and can't remember which one is what year, but I believe that I may have a Vortec 5.7 waiting for me...
And wiring harness for the composite front end, etc.
He can't stand the GMT400 trucks. Has a Tahoe and a ecsb Silverado. Had multiple issues with fuel pumps, coolant leaks, door handles, taillights... I think I remember that the bottom 4 or 6 inches of the Silverado were rusted away... you would have thought I told him that I was investing in Yugo or something with the news of my truck!
He doesn't like 400s, he'd love my F150. If Ford could figure out a complicated way to do something on that 5.4, that's the way they went! But I think I found out why it's drinking MERCON V transmission fluid like it's beer and why my degas tank (their name for the filler bottle that's under pressure) has muddy water in it.
Transmission cooler inside the radiator has got to be toast. That's the only place those two fluids are close to each other. So if I can get a radiator and hoses on it, might be okay for a while. That's certainly cheaper than buying a transmission......trying to keep this damn truck sorta cheap LOL.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Haha! He has an absolutely beautiful (for what it is) F150 3 door truck with a non running 5.4 sitting there too. It can sit there till the next century as far as I'm concerned.
Now the '83 F150 extended cab, I like. -And it has my favorite Ford engine in it (351W).

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Haha! He has an absolutely beautiful (for what it is) F150 3 door truck with a non running 5.4 sitting there too. It can sit there till the next century as far as I'm concerned.
Now the '83 F150 extended cab, I like. -And it has my favorite Ford engine in it (351W).
Yes looking at the modular motors I can see why Ford went back to pushrods on the Coyote 5.0. If this thing was any more complicated it would be a Porsche LOL. But looks like I can get a 2 row factory style radiator ( the one in it is 1 row and that gets my Hank Hill " that ain't right " going) for around $200 with tax,and another C note will get both upper and lower hoses and some coolant. Much cheaper than 4 grand for the transmission....
Money no object, it would get a 351W too, but it's probably going to get traded for a Chevy once the coil on plug gets really bad. Seen several possible candidates on 5miles in greater Houston. One I like the most is a $1200 W/T with a bashed in passenger door and rear fender. Says it's a good running truck with a c. Bad thing about driving something like that in Houston is we'd be getting pulled over too much.....

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Gotta pay boss man for it first! We haven't had it long enough to make a payment yet lol. I just want to get it fit to drive across town without dumping us! I would much prefer to put money into the Burb, but we gotta have something else to drive while it's being fixed.