heater / electrical draw?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryandrews123

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so unplug all three plugs off my compressor? or is there a certain one i should unplug? thanks

ryandrews123

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so it looks like it was my ac compressor causing my drop in voltage. With a full load running my voltage is around 12~13 and with nothing on its at 14 volts. when i have my ac compressor plugged in it drops and fluctuates both my voltage and oil pressure gauge.

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So now the question is why is it doing that. It could be a poor charging system, bad battery or alternator that isn't able to keep up to the additional load of the AC clutch engaging, or it could be a bad ground. When you cleaned your connections was that only at the battery? Or did you also clean the battery to chassis connection and engine to frame/body connection? Clean or replace all of them and retest before buying new alternator or battery.

ryandrews123

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when the problem started I cleaned all grounding locations, and replaced both my engine to frame/body grounds. after that was done I was still having the issue so I took my alt and battery in for test. the guy at CRAP said both needed to be replaced. I got a free replacement on the batt, and bought a new alt.

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, making sure that was all done. I guess next would be to trace the wires for the AC and verify ground for them. Have to check a diagram, not sure if it grounds through the compressor body, don't think it does.