Headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes egr fitting. Didnt know dies work on flare fittings?

I didn’t think of that, but they do make dies for that thread, but it might be quite pricey!

Another option is a thread file to clean up that boogered thread in the pic. Even a thread file with a pitch and size close to the original threads could work.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn’t think of that, but they do make dies for that thread, but it might be quite pricey!

Another option is a thread file to clean up that boogered thread in the pic. Even a thread file with a pitch and size close to the original threads could work.

I tried something similar lol hope it works just wanted to know a plan b if it failed. Also I know its flare but since the thread has that nic would you put some type of sealant? Like a drop of something?

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried something similar lol hope it works just wanted to know a plan b if it failed. Also I know its flare but since the thread has that nic would you put some type of sealant? Like a drop of something?

That's not a bad idea, but it would have to be a high temp sealant. But even a low strength Loctite may not burn off. Heck, just try the white thread sealant. I know they make a high temp version, probably not rated for exhaust temps, but it may work.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NO SEALANT!

I want to slap someone every time I work on a piece of Air Force equipment and somebody goobered some sealant into a damaged fitting instead of replacing it. The main thing you're looking at is the nose of the fitting. Is the cone concentric and smooth? If so, it'll seal.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NO SEALANT!

I want to slap someone every time I work on a piece of Air Force equipment and somebody goobered some sealant into a damaged fitting instead of replacing it. The main thing you're looking at is the nose of the fitting. Is the cone concentric and smooth? If so, it'll seal.

Alrighty I hear you loud and clear lol. The flare good. Sorry just the plumber in me wants to make sure no leaks. Totally different field but when we worked on gas did not want our flares to leak and blow up a house.