Header Gasket Part Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, Re: 1990 350/5.7 TBI SC/SB

Looking for part numbers for OEM exhaust manifold gaskets (i fear they are discontinued)
And...
Part Numbers for Remflex & Percy's Seal 4 Good Header gaskets for same vehicle.

Anything you got is appreciated... =-)

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
1990 TBI engines did not hasve a gasket between the manifold and cylinder head. P/N 8889134 is the Pipe flange seal "the doughnut".
Fel pro MS9275B is the number for after market
exhaust manifold gaskets.

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1990 TBI engines did not hasve a gasket between the manifold and cylinder head. P/N 8889134 is the Pipe flange seal "the doughnut".
Thanks, makes sense why I wasn't able to find it in gm's part list. I figured it was discontinued.
Also, thanks for the felpro info, but i'm dealing w/ JBA headers with the infamous raised flange, so I'm sticking to the reusable MLS type of gasket.
Not finding compatible PN for percy's seal 4 good, so falling back on remflex as plan c.
Anyone have anything else helpful, let me know. =-)

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the same gaskets for your headers. Exhaust manifold gaskets work way better than any header gasket I've ever used. Put manifold gaskets on manifolds and they blow,put 'em on headers and they don't. Use blue locktite on your header bolts or drill them for tie wire.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After burning up a few gaskets, I went with studs and nuts with Mr Gasket copper gaskets on my aluminum heads with red locktiie on the studs into the heads. Ultra High temp red RTV between the gaskets and the heads. I'm thinking aluminum heads may expand and contract at different rates. No issues since.

You must be registered for see images attach

SuperSpore

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys... I like the Copper Mr. Gaskets, but because Mr. Gaskets have a raised flange area, and so do JBA headers, I think I'll get a better seal with the Remflex because they're flat.
We'll find out =-)... thanks for the info.

I just want to grind it, cut it, weld it, paint it, sand blast, then put it together the first time and never have to touch it again. I think it's possible. :p:p:)