Has anyone used this turbo kit?(speedway motors)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZONES89RS

Reaction score
Really wanting to give it a try on my 88. I want the exhaust to run back behind the cab and not some fender exit BS.

Anyone have any experience with it?
You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Lots of turbo threads lately.

Eventually they all end up in the same place. Plan to spend twice what you expect and have an enormous learning curve when you start trying to tune it.

Does your 88 already have an LS in it?

ZONES89RS

Reaction score
Lots of turbo threads lately.

Eventually they all end up in the same place. Plan to spend twice what you expect and have an enormous learning curve when you start trying to tune it.

Does your 88 already have an LS in it?

I’ve done turbo setups. I’m just curious about this particular kit.

Truck has a 5.3 but going to move to a 6 liter

Lol @ fender exit BS.

That is not a complete kit, you'd still need all the cold side.

Yes, captain obvious.

It’s half the reason I am interested in this kit. Because there isn’t a ton of room for a IC so I’m going to figure that out. I have cold side piping. Need a IC and BOV to finish that.

Just curious if this kit manages to allow exhaust beyond the engine compartment. It’s a street truck and fender exit is the east way out and screams racecar.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, captain obvious.
Oh, you're one of those guys. Asks for input and then explains how he doesn't need input.
Just curious if this kit manages to allow exhaust beyond the engine compartment. It’s a street truck and fender exit is the east way out and screams racecar.
A fender dump maximizes power, it's not the easy way out. Not ideal for a street truck, but people have different understandings of "street". If you can clock the housing fabbing a full exhaust shouldn't be a problem.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hooker manifolds are pretty good from what I understand. They exit down which isn't optimal for this truck, IMO, so you'd probably have to fab a U bend.

The eBay logs exit up which I think would just make it easier. Move the battery to the driver's side if you haven't already.

ZONES89RS

Reaction score
Oh, you're one of those guys. Asks for input and then explains how he doesn't need input.

A fender dump maximizes power, it's not the easy way out. Not ideal for a street truck, but people have different understandings of "street". If you can clock the housing fabbing a full exhaust shouldn't be a

You are the one pointing out obvious ****.

You
Clearly don’t get what I’m trying to do so don’t bother with any further input.

The Hooker manifolds are pretty good from what I understand. They exit down which isn't optimal for this truck, IMO, so you'd probably have to fab a U bend.

The eBay logs exit up which I think would just make it easier. Move the battery to the driver's side if you haven't already.

They exist forward and it has the U bend with it. I’m in the fence if I can make it fly or not. Hard to do without first hand experience from others or my hands being on it. It looks promising and seems I can position the turbo pretty far forward that way.

Sucks I’m not finding anyone experienced with this kit

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are the one pointing out obvious ****.

You
Clearly don’t get what I’m trying to do so don’t bother with any further input.

They exist forward and it has the U bend with it. I’m in the fence if I can make it fly or not. Hard to do without first hand experience from others or my hands being on it. It looks promising and seems I can position the turbo pretty far forward that way.

Sucks I’m not finding anyone experienced with this kit
Alright dude. This forum operates off of respect. If you respect the guys here, you might find the answer your looking for. He wasn’t trying to criticize you, just pointing out a fact to make sure you realized it. Suck it up, say thank you I realize that and go on with your day.

ZONES89RS

Reaction score
Respect is a two way street. He came off ****** to me. Cause and effect.

Just because I’m new to a forum doesn’t mean I’m new this any if this.

Laughing at me not wanting fended exit on what is a street truck isn’t funny. But thanks for showing an inability to be unbiased