Great White Buffalo (first post)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess not actually asking a question leads to a lackluster conversation. Anybody in here have any experience sticking a turbo on their big block Chevy tow rig? Since this build is happening in stages I've been thinking about sticking a turbo on the truck before the short block is done. Currently it's a stock bottom end with only about 110k miles on it and obviously not gapped for boost, but it wouldn't be turned up all that high. I would guess the stock bottom end could handle "some" boost? I am open to suggestions on turbos. I can't imagine there's a kit specific to my application so I guess I'll have to become a better fabricator.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, it's not without its dings, scratches, and missing paint, but it's my ideal pickup. I don't like having to worry about keeping something shiny. It was meant to be used.

Same here. I want to get rid of the body and undercarriage rust under my car, but I want to keep the scratches, dents, and worn pinstripes and paint on my truck. You just can't pay money to get that genuine "worn" look. It's something that's earned over years of use.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not a big block guy but I'd bet that it you did an intercooler to control IAT and kept boost 6-8 psi it probably live a happy life. That would take the typical 300hp engine and move it around the 400hp range.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Same here. I want to get rid of the body and undercarriage rust under my car, but I want to keep the scratches, dents, and worn pinstripes and paint on my truck. You just can't pay money to get that genuine "worn" look. It's something that's earned over years of use.
It's like the difference between new jeans with holes made in them, for that "distressed" look, or a genuinely worn in pair with fading and wear from years of honest work....