Grease for trailer harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a flat 4 pin trailer harness you need to put dielectric grease in the holes the pins go to protect them? How much do u put in, enough to fill each hole to the top?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Anything I use with it, I just hold it over top and squeeze it in till it squishes out the sides. I'm a firm believer in the product.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, had to replace my harness was shot from the previous owner, they never lubed it

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
Anything outside electrical definatly needs it to prevent corrosion. I'll also go as far as packing some in heat shrink tubing before I shrink it down on wiring or put it inside butt connectors if I have to use them.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought 4 trailers this week and replaced the lights and harness on every one, hadn't thought to put anything on the connector. Thanks for the reminder.

89Suburban

Reaction score
I replaced my 4 way connector with a 4 prong weather pack connector. And have a dead end hanging on both vehicles to plug into and protect while not towing. I made made an adapter if I need to tow any other trailer.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Anything outside electrical definatly needs it to prevent corrosion. I'll also go as far as packing some in heat shrink tubing before I shrink it down on wiring or put it inside butt connectors if I have to use them.

x2! i used it on my electrical connections on my air ride. I had a HID ballast that would fail to come on periodically and after i put some dielectric grease in it, it never fails to come on when hit the headlight switch.

SCOTTYINWV

Reaction score
I might just have to pick that up when I run out of permatex. I'll be using quite a bit working on the quad.