Any luck with “narrow” grease gun fittings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The engineering on u joints is higher strength alloys and forged. Who told you there not forged? What reference, not your brother in laws cousin.
Did you try lifting the axle and turn the driveshaft?
For a while on Toyota four wheel drive you had to use a long thin grease fitting adapter to grease the front shaft, small u joints. It looked like those ∆ and had a concave tip hold against the small grease fitting. It was a " wow that works" moment.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The engineering on u joints is higher strength alloys and forged. Who told you there not forged? What reference, not your brother in laws cousin.
Did you try lifting the axle and turn the driveshaft?
For a while on Toyota four wheel drive you had to use a long thin grease fitting adapter to grease the front shaft, small u joints. It looked like those ∆ and had a concave tip hold against the small grease fitting. It was a " wow that works" moment.

Answering you and Schurkey, and this may only apply to a single line of joints, but from the same manufacturer, I want to say Precision, it specified that non-greasable was forged but failed to specify on the greasable one. Could be I read in too deeply on that one, but I will say non-greasable seem to last longer in my limited experience.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say non-greasable seem to last longer in my limited experience.
Yeah. Same here. No dirt getting into the non-greaseable ones because there's no crusty/scuzzy zerk that doesn't get cleaned before greasing.

Also--no chance of incompatible grease types mixing together if they're only greased once.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a similar debate in my head when I had the door pins and bushings replaced last time in my Suburban. Either go with the Cunningham Machine bronze standard style bushings, or the new GM greaseable pin/bushing set. I ended up going with the Cunningham Machine ones because I couldn't stand the idea of having to grease something that never required it before. Call me lazy...

PM18S4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the U-joints without zerks (DANA Spicers in particular) need to be greased prior to install?
I have seen conflicting information on if out of the box they are:
1) Not greased at all.
2) grease just a little bit for corrosion protection.
3) fully greased and ready for install.