Any luck with “narrow” grease gun fittings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks; new first-world problem here…

‘95 K1500. I recently replaced the rear aluminum driveshaft U-Joints with new ones that have grease zerks. After doing so I did a full chassis grease job. I was disappointed to discover that no matter how oriented I cannot get the fitting on my grease gun to reach the zerk in my rear U-Joint. I ended up removing the saddle straps then clamping the caps in place so I could grease them off the truck without blowing the differential side caps off.

I’ve found a few grease gun ends that are advertised as being narrow but they’re pretty expensive. I’m all up for buying one IF they work for this application. But I don’t want to drop the $$$ if they still won’t reach.

So what say the masses? Certainly having to unbolt the driveshaft occasionally isn’t a world ending problem but if anyone here has had success with one of the narrow gun ends I’d rather just go that route.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'd be more inclined to replace the U-joints with standard non-greaseable units. From what I've read they're stronger than the greaseable type anyway.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This kinda sums up how I feel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you gotta grease! Spicer recommends every 3000. I try at least every 6-8k. How the hell do I get out of this stupid Font? I tried the icons above.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got one of the two zerks with that fitting. Non greasable are forged, greasable are not.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How the hell do I get out of this stupid Font? I tried the icons above.

Looks like you accidentally clicked the italic button, AKA the crooked letter "I" button.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had a 600hp motor I’d probably go greaseless too. Most of us don’t need to be concerned imo. For me, I really just like the idea of new fresh grease, definitely easier not having to grease them.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tjclar86