Granddaddy's Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a few weeks since I've updated y'all because there was nothing to update y'all with. Wasn't able to work for 2 weeks because of Covid so therefore I did not get paid, which means I couldn't do much with the truck. Finally getting window tint on the 30th and I'll drive it like it is for a few months until I can get paid some more and save for paint. I'd like to have it done by about Christmas but not sure if that will hapen.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now we have an update. Smacked the windows yesterday with 20% on the sides and back. That’ll be my last upgrade for a while. Working, going to school, and running a business have been kicking my tail and the truck hasn’t been the center of attention for a month. It’s gonna be a long process but I’m a patient guy

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well tonight sucked. As I was trying to leave the school parking lot today at about 3:45, my truck would not shift into first gear. Clutch pedal felt like it would move if you just blew on it. Got some buddies to help me push it to a nearby parking spot and I called my dad and told him what was up. When he got back from work, we went to O´Reilly and bought a new slave cylinder thinking that was the problem. Ended up having to bleed the master cylinder and at 9:30 I finally rolled out of the parking lot with a functioning vehicle

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I have posted because there has not been much to do on the truck. Still saving for paint and after paint will be interior and exhaust work and then I will be pretty much done with the truck for now. I have decided to leave most of my interior plastic alone, but I´m going to buy a new dash, carpet, seat cover, and door panels. I am trying to find everything close to factory as possible but have had trouble tracking down a seat cover. Just thought I would update y´all

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After more than a month of not updating y´all, I thought I´d share the truck´s current state. Truck is running strong as ever, but I´m noticing a clink noise when I shift fro 1st to 2nd, and then from 2nd to 3rd. I´m not as familiar with the mechanical side of the truck as I probably should be and to be honest with you all I have no idea what gear ratios and TBI and 4l60e and 4l80e and all that means. Any help would be appreciated. With that being said I have a new job and my business is rolling strong so I should have all paint money saved up by late June, early July. I think when I paint I´ll go ahead and strip interior so I can do interior paint and go ahead and get new carpet, OE seat cover, dash, door panels, touch screen, speakers, and subwoofer. (CONTINUING IN NEXT POST)

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After all that will probably be another layer of tint, chassis saver, and exhaust and other small cosmetic things and If all goes well I´ll cam it this time next year and keep it as my daily/hunting rig/ small show truck and show up all the local squatters on their clapped out roundbodys on reps and x-comps lol.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tbi for the gmt400 is 88 to 95. 96 to 99 is the vortec. 4l60 is the automatic transmission for 1/2 ton. 4l80 is the 3/4 or heavier automatic transmission . If you have standard theres I think 2. One of them is the nv4500 not sure on the second one. Oh and i think thats the heavier duty trans. As for gear ratio look in the glove compartment on the parts rpo codes. You should see something like 342, 373, 410. If not run the vin and you'll get it that way