Good quality multifunction switch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdjonesdr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the love, brother! Yep, I got it to work. These Saginaw Columns are wonderful beasts. I had an extra horn pigtail laying around so I cut the portion marked in red, leaving the brass contact and some yellow wire left in the spring portion for rigidity. The horn works beautifully, only quirk (which I can deal with) is the horn button doesn't sit "level". Otherwise, it works perfectly fine; you can hit the horn button from anywhere and honk it! My neighbors hate me because I didn't disconnect the battery and kept accidentally honking it (with Cadillac 4-note horns, it's loud).

I wish I could find a set of 4 note horns that work. I've been duped on 3 sets so far and I'm not buying a fourth

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
I wish I could find a set of 4 note horns that work. I've been duped on 3 sets so far and I'm not buying a fourth

What’s wrong with them? I have a contact that will completely rebuild them and tune them! :)

FrankieD61

Reaction score
With which set? They all started giving out after a few months. Twice I ended up with only two working, and once they all quit except one.

A lot of the time, the diaphragm inside the horn gets rusty. It’s a metal disc that vibrates very fast; with the tuning screw adjusted just right it vibrates at a pitch that resembles a musical note.

If you are interested, I’ll dig up the card for that repair guy. Don’t throw them out though they’re completely repairable and getting rare. Word of warning… ask me how I know… don’t try to take it apart yourself.. lol.. they don’t go back together very easily.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
The first thing I do when I buy sets is shake the holy **** out of them. If it sounds like a miraca then it’s likely it’ll quit working. Because, it’s filled with road debris, and all kinds of junk. When that’s the case, I just usually sent them right out to save the headache and cursing..

Just snagged this set off evilbay..

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3