Gonna need towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS Performance

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this video of a install. It was somewhat helpful.

It is by Boost Auto Parts.

The only problem I had was I could not find the wires for the turn signals. Not a major issue. I tapped into the cargo light for the back up lights.

I went with the Trail Ridge mirrors. No vibration or adjustability issues so far.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Read thru all 10 pages and only seen one or two posts about the left/ right being backwards. Ive tried repinning connections, still no change. Anyone found the remedy for it yet? And for those of u who dont know, whichever mirror u select, the up & down works properly but not left/ right…

left mirror up good
ledt mirror down good
left mirror left, goes right
left mirror right, goes left

right mirror up goood
right mirror down good
right mirror left, goes right
right mirror right, goes left..

its not just easy as repinning as nothing works Properly. Fwiw, mine is a 4 wire. 2 grounds for each mirror, which are still tied in to one main ground in your wiring harness.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
They are actually decent for the money, the whole assembly shakes more than the 2015 style Trail Ridge mirrors if the wind is strong enough, but otherwise pretty stable, and the glass shook less than my Trail Ridge GMT800 style tow's. The quality is better than some other cheap ones that I bought a couple years ago. I’d still choose the 2015 style Trail Ridge over the Spec-D but I seen they got more expensive recently, of course. If money's no concern, Trail Ridge. If on a budget, Spec-D.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does everyone running the Spec-D's like them so far? Contemplating a pair-
They shake, but not to the point I can't see out of them. Far bigger field of vision than the stock ones. The passenger mirror controls are backwards, minor inconvenience. I'm not a fan of the mounting bolts, they don't seem stable and secure.
All in all I'm glad I got them, but if I'd paid Boost money for them I'd be pissed.