Gonna need towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck did not come with power mirrors so there is no current wiring nor switch for control. If I want power on the driver side (which I do), the kit comes with a power passenger side. Do I leave that one manual or simply install a controller on the passenger door (to minimize install)? My truck also has a split bench seat, so sliding over to move the passenger side mirror is not a big deal. And....when you live in the PNW, you're accustomed to coping with rain :)
Ok I get it now I think. I would install both power mirrors but have the switch just for the driver door. Your right once it's set you'll hardly ever have to touch the passenger side, but if you parallel park then it helps to push the button and angle the mirror a little lower. Vs with manual you having to stand up or squish down. I thought you wanted a switch on the driver door and a switch on the passenger door. Lol

Reaction score
Hello all I got a set for my Silverado. Got some torxe from carid and soo far the build quality is nice. My question is more for the wiring. They have turns and LEDs on the back. I was going to hook the turns up to a solid state relay for both tube and run. The LEDs I was going to make as door lights but in thinking olif making the. Reverse lights since they are so bright. I just need help figuring out where to hook them too in the cab. Another post talked about the reverse lights in a connector on the firewall. C103. I would like to keep everything in the cab if possible. The Mirrors are funtional with my power switch. Just need the other lighting. Where could I grab the 3 circuits from?
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 20220308_115240.jpg
    20220308_115240.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 11

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all I got a set for my Silverado. Got some torxe from carid and soo far the build quality is nice. My question is more for the wiring. They have turns and LEDs on the back. I was going to hook the turns up to a solid state relay for both tube and run. The LEDs I was going to make as door lights but in thinking olif making the. Reverse lights since they are so bright. I just need help figuring out where to hook them too in the cab. Another post talked about the reverse lights in a connector on the firewall. C103. I would like to keep everything in the cab if possible. The Mirrors are funtional with my power switch. Just need the other lighting. Where could I grab the 3 circuits from?
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm gonna put the back up lights on the cargo light switch.
I don't remember who I stole that idea from, but it wasn't mine!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Welp, I decided to buy some Spec-D tow mirrors last weekend for my 96. Hopefully I'll be able to install them this coming weekend. For $170 I'm a bit iffy, I remember paying $200 for some DNA Motoring ones back in 2020 - driver's side mirror wouldn't adjust "in" far enough, wiggled too much, and they were lop-sided. From the pictures from buyers on the Spec-D ones, they seem like they are better quality.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Got the Spec-D mirrors installed today on Shrek and I gotta say, they are better than I expected for being $170. Shaking is about the same as the Trail Ridge mirrors and has better glass adjustment than the DNA ones. The mirrors also sit level. Two things that could've been better were the mounting nuts and the side-to-side adjustment being backwards. Didn't have time to get any pics today, hopefully tomorrow! Should have the lights working by Monday. :D