Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I haven't looked a lot, but I haven't seen tweeters mounted in the Escalade door panel switch trim (adjacent to the mirror adjuster switch) like yours (click on the link to your picture, above).

Did you mill out the Escalade trim so you could install the tweeters there?

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes I did with a 2” whole saw ever so slowly I bought a second set of woods so if I messed up or it couldn’t be done id be ok lol. But I took my time super slow and yeah NOBODY HAS DONE THAT correct you are in my best yoda voice lol!!! Along with the metal grills Their burmester grills out of Mercedes’. I slightly bent them “TO N FRO” to glide with the shape of the wood also so wholes are slightly ovaled then I brown caulked them into place from the underside I’ve never had a issue with with! And just so everyone knows THOSE ARE REAL WOOD there’s a fine veneer on top of the actual plastic that you see as the underside I have a chip on the passenger side that’s showing from doing install! I did it that way because nobody else has that and R&D placed the tweeters there to begin with! And the far ceiling rears are 2 1/2”-4” Bose speakers in metal plates to fill the space also if was not known. An I just installed Bose tweeters from a 98-03 sts so now she’s full honest Bose not that they high end anymore! But if I do ever update the speakers they are going to be from the new Escalade AKG’s or bespoke from a rolls or naim from Bentley type of deal.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Here’s another pic of ole gal after spray shining the tires. I also cleaned off the “honey” conditioner really yet to tell a great difference in the leather but was a lil more say pliable. definitely more of a summer thing to do than cold which I knew already but if stuffs to be legit then really shouldn’t matter right!? I also juiced up the new/old seat bottom that I’m going to try and get put on along with armrest this weekend. They’re both sitting in the basement I’ll see if they absorb any better with slightly higher room temp but I did let her run in driveway for close to an hour with heat on so I’m a drive her into work tomorrow. I do have to ask everyone I’m having another squeaky belt happen again I just CANNOT STAND IT!!! But I just replaced the tensioner an idler an still noisy I’ve been doing the old bar soap trick but I hate having to when I shouldn’t have to! Anyway here’s pics

Attachments

• 5B7E5143-BA89-4BA5-B392-9487435C0CCC.jpeg
    5B7E5143-BA89-4BA5-B392-9487435C0CCC.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 8

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I had to add to the one pic since I was writing up a post earlier but had to go on parent time. as I was replying back to guy asking on my tweeter work and help express how I could/did it but it’s just how I do BMFR= Bob mf’n Richards why because I’m that mfer that gets it done! Lol hopefully they don’t star out my words lol otherwise this might not make sense lol! An here’s a at home job I’ve just finished up last week. NOT BOASTING just giving the guy a couple examples of how I do work. along with 2 ole gal pics lol finally I know if been posting like a mad man lately!!!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So at the end of one of my long winded posts yesterday lol I mentioned that I’m having a squeaky belt again I have a gates belt as one guy told me before an it’s been great till this past week are belts just made so cheap now you only get so much time from them? I’ve just replaced idler & tensioner so any help would be appreciated! An any fellow Michiganders out there Ann Arbor area? Lol