Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
1 piece Pole is not for carrying around on a trip!! Lol and people also put a foam noodle piece on the pole to save they’re paint in that area of the pole. Everyone was happy to have gone even if it didn’t seem exciting at first.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But no navigators or newer Escalades or range rovers etc..
I deployed to Qatar several years ago, and we had an off-base trip where some of the local boys took us up and down the sand dunes in nice SUVs. Brand new Toyota Highlanders, Nissan Armadas, etc, all fully-trimmed. They were banging them off the rev limiters, hot-d0gging, having a great time. It proved to me there are rednecks in every country. I fully support taking your Escalade on the dunes!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
You grabbed that up for $5k that’s what I paid in 2011 with 159k mileage you did very good on the price you keep them miles down you’ll be sitting on a $12500-17500 I’d say within next 2 years if she’s all working! Get that black ceramic’d over to keep er smooth without scratches!

TexanLac

Reaction score
Yep everything works. Other than window tint I don’t have many plans for modifications. We got it to keep the miles off my wife’s 21 Ram 2500. This is her new DD and our weekend commuter from DFW to our farm near Tulsa. Miles will go up quick but I’d rather do it to a $5k vehicle over an $80k vehicle.
You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep everything works. Other than window tint I don’t have many plans for modifications. We got it to keep the miles off my wife’s 21 Ram 2500. This is her new DD and our weekend commuter from DFW to our farm near Tulsa. Miles will go up quick but I’d rather do it to a $5k vehicle over an $80k vehicle.
That's a beautiful caddy. Not sure how you feel about keepin it forever but I'm sure that first gen will go up in value. There really hard to find in mint condition and low miles.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I do hear keeping mileage lower on a newer vehicle! but FYI they only made just under 50,000 Escalades like you have and even more harder to find one like you have just done. something to think about In the course of you owning it lol. I think gmt400’s are in that odd spot of not being truly an fully “on the rise” in value yet to fully be appreciated bye the masses. As it sits most just see them as a cheap way to get a work truck or it’s just a older taken care truck/suv so it’s no big deal if it gets beat up. Not realizing really good ones are becoming rarer bye the year. It’s always nice to see these well taken care of Escalades now these years later! I think auto makers need to get back to basics of what gmt400’s are all about practicalities and no overly optimistic options of for the sake of I have this in my ride. Since most of everyone uses they’re smart phones to do everything anyway vs the tech in the car. But I do hope you enjoy “her” lol and see what luxury used to be COMFORT not hard seats and slalom times in vehicles that were never intended for that and decide to keep miles low and know this is what started the suv/truck craze we live in today.