Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rare not always mean good price-there are generations of the same model that are loved and some that aren't(take sn95 mustang for example). Imo first escalade should be as it's first and yet it's not-maybe it's because of the front which some might describe as ungainly-or because it was released in such small numbers-or because it's pretty much just like Denali.
As to your other question 2 door Tahoes-they will be/are the most valuable gmt400.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Side question what would you consider to be the most valuable gmt400 made as far as “collectible value” based on rarity and realistic value?

I would think a low-mile 454 crew cab dually Centurion. If your talking stock, non-conversion trucks, same truck with a manual transmission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes factory options but also a truck that is REAL not a hypothetical possibility truck/suv and no prototypes. Last but not least is it could be bought at a fair price today or it is for sale just having low miles doesn’t automatically apply it would need to have a few options on top of never driven. Lol that make sensible perimeters for most valuable?

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Rare not always mean good price-there are generations of the same model that are loved and some that aren't(take sn95 mustang for example). Imo first escalade should be as it's first and yet it's not-maybe it's because of the front which some might describe as ungainly-or because it was released in such small numbers-or because it's pretty much just like Denali.
As to your other question 2 door Tahoes-they will be/are the most valuable gmt400.
I get the obvious rationality of looking the same an possibility of “ugly” to some but like I mentioned before along with pics is that design is more deville “Cadillac” as one could say as all other Escalades follow design language of the cars is the Escalade. Yes Minnesota Minneapolis/st Paul has the “2 door mafia” I’ve seen when I had to work there years back. I do like them 2 doors Yukon more but wouldn’t turn down a good Tahoe lol.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get the obvious rationality of looking the same an possibility of “ugly” to some but like I mentioned before along with pics is that design is more deville “Cadillac” as one could say as all other Escalades follow design language of the cars is the Escalade. Yes Minnesota Minneapolis/st Paul has the “2 door mafia” I’ve seen when I had to work there years back. I do like them 2 doors Yukon more but wouldn’t turn down a good Tahoe lol.
It's funny how I'm not a big fan of yukon front and yet I think that on 2 door it looks better than chevy.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah but that’s also how most people back then did a major front end makeover for custom gmt400’s then they started putting the 800 fronts and some body cladding. but for me if it’s not full switched over front to back at least on the outside it just looks unfinished in 800 form. 400 is easier to use less but still looks unfinished to me especially when all the time an money to do “full custom” an those points weren’t done. Has anyone seen a in person high priced gmt400 for sale and what’s your opinion on what you saw?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m confused about it’s ok to be wrong? I know all versions of GM full-size suvs are badge engineering as mentioned and yes rovers are the original fancy suvs. Derived from farmers driving them into town and non-farmers taking them up to be more city with the knowing they could go use them off road. An good to hear on you having changed out your front clip to esky/Denali. I’ve been on car gurus app and there’s 3-5 really prime 99-00 Escalades for sale with lower mileage most pricey was $15K but has 50k mileage. But I thought it wasn’t good enough for the price or I have it mixed with one of the others. But I’m still trying to get more people to throw up them 1st gen esco pics! Side question what would you consider to be the most valuable gmt400 made as far as “collectible value” based on rarity and realistic value?
That wasn't directed at you, I quoted the guy who seemed to think your truck is a GMT 800.
Used vehicles are worth exactly what you can get someone to give you for them, the "most valuable" would arguably be whatever is most rare, probably a weird or obscure combination of options. 1/2 ton crew cab conversions are rare, but GM never made them, so idk how you would classify them.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Ok kool I wasn’t sure since that was all in that posting. That’s odd a guy would think a gmt400 Escalade be a 800. But then again I’m a big car guy and know my makes an models but maybe he was going on year only but still everyone has internet to google anything nowadays to not make one’s self look totally dump! Lol and this is last of all “THE ULTIMATE GMT400 FORUM” as it says before you click on the link in google! Lmfao

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Ok kool I wasn’t sure since that was all in that posting. That’s odd a guy would think a gmt400 Escalade be a 800. But then again I’m a big car guy and know my makes an models but maybe he was going on year only but still everyone has internet to google anything nowadays to not make one’s self look totally dump! Lol and this is last of all “THE ULTIMATE GMT400 FORUM” as it says before you click on the link in google! Lmfa

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I’m venting/ranting!!! I can not can not stand a shity mechanic/shop in the works of getting sorted! So I had a couple spots of oil on the floor front middle of the truck so I arranged to drop it off at the place that I’ve last had work done as they a bunch of new seals an gaskets. So after getting the call back saying what was what oil pan which was covered bye them and my power steering pump an lines so $490 for the pump work they said. So I declined that to be done since I’ve already done been had 3-5 times of returning the truck for leaks before hand not being done 100%! So I wanted a second opinion which other shop said $475. So I said ok kool I’ll drop it off this past Monday nope couldn’t happen why? Last Wednesday I drove it to work I started it up in the garage let her warm up but I noticed she started pretty quite ok no worries I thought then getting onto the highway I had no power to go over 35 mph FFFFFFF! Are you serious pull over maybe it’s a steering line blew no nothing so I got to work but could tell she wasn’t all good still felt power was not on point. So do my day then go to leave start her up she’s reving up to 1.5-2k rpm’s then down to wanting to stall basically for the warm up period. She punchy getting outta the parking garage then a block away stalls out 2 times and still not wanting to push her own weight down the road smoothly. Finally get home but I have to haul a trailer full of patio furniture back to Costco was all set up 2 days before! Same not wanting to drive normal then it’s busy A** raining returning furniture 7 pieces big set
Then go home grab wife’s srx with the kids and drop off my Escalade back at shop! Then they say it’s mass airflow sensor $440 to fix! I said no like how does my ride get worse than when I dropped it off! So today I get the sensor from rock auto put it in but before I can my Fffffff battery is dead!! So I have the wife sit n steer I push her out to get her car to jump the battery hook it up within a minute hard cranking start but turned on. Then let her run for a solid hour then go to take her up to new mechanic and put her into gear then she stalls out starts right up but back to up n down til shutting her off at the shop. Then explained all to new guy an he said airflow shouldn’t be problem it’d be fuel or a vacuum issue seems more likely and asked who told you to fix airflow sensor? I said other shop said it was that! So rock auto maybe some returns! Thanks for reading FML as it’s been going lately!!!