Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Sorry for the poor quality of my pics lol! I thought the motion pic was on anyway that’s my “4th” brake light off eBay for the tow hitch lights up more when braking. And anyone who hasn’t bought led plug n play headlight bulbs DO! Lol worlds of difference of seeing down the road! I have leds in the foglights also be sure to NOT get the bulbs with the inline capacitor they will make your radio stations have a humming sound and are lots harder to fit into place! Yeah mine light up my whole cup de sac and even better when your out in the middle of nowhere to light your way!
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I took them this morning lol. And remember that gmt400 Escalades were a poster car and one of the main movie cars in GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS that’s a pretty good honor to me especially when you consider what other “regular” cars they actually had on that list of rides!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Taken today after cleaning her up after some crazy rain. All but one pic are normal pics then I turned down the filtering. If anyone has rear seatbelts the 2 shoulder belts and has anyone replaced them before is there any thing that would be a problem or helpful tip? Thanks enjoy my new pics!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So just a ranting/venting is it me or only very few people like/appreciate/think gmt400/1st gen Escalades are actually good looking,value and good to own? Lots of “critics” write how later gens are the ones to be sought for as to be bought low and saved away to be valuable in the future of 10-15 years. But there seems to be no love for the 1st gens I totally understand the “badge engineering” of them but if you actually look at the front end it’s a oversizing of a deville from 97-99. Also to note is just under 50K of them were made so I’d say they’re “rarer” than all other gens plus not many have survived the last 20years in good condition still. tech is not huge in was of tech going on today in these Escalades but back then it had a lot cd changer plus one in the dash and a tape player too and if you wanted in 99 paid for rear seat video system then it was free for 00 for tech on top it was the first suv with a premium factory sound system. But I’m just seeing if anyone else sees that these should be given more credit or value as they didn’t start the luxo suv but it surely did make it a new American staple of living good.

Attachments

• 0383E5B0-08D3-4E49-8A1B-F2B331C89D02.jpeg
    0383E5B0-08D3-4E49-8A1B-F2B331C89D02.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 7108C3CD-6FFE-44FB-90C9-CB2BA1A1E21C.jpeg
    7108C3CD-6FFE-44FB-90C9-CB2BA1A1E21C.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 6

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every generation of Escalade is badge engineered. They are Tahoes or Suburbans in nice clothes. I like the first gen (400) Denali/Esky front clip so much I put one on my dually, so you're not alone.
Land Rover started the luxury SUV market with the Range Rover, but I think it's fair to say that GM popularized it with the Denali/Esky.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I prefer the looks of the 400 series Escalade and Denali, and I like the relative obscurity they have. So many of the 2001 up Slades in greater Houston area are clapped out with huge wheels and rubber band tires, that look is SO played out! Those wheels and tires and a super loud stereo don't make it a custom, dude......

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
It's okay to be wrong.
I’m confused about it’s ok to be wrong? I know all versions of GM full-size suvs are badge engineering as mentioned and yes rovers are the original fancy suvs. Derived from farmers driving them into town and non-farmers taking them up to be more city with the knowing they could go use them off road. An good to hear on you having changed out your front clip to esky/Denali. I’ve been on car gurus app and there’s 3-5 really prime 99-00 Escalades for sale with lower mileage most pricey was $15K but has 50k mileage. But I thought it wasn’t good enough for the price or I have it mixed with one of the others. But I’m still trying to get more people to throw up them 1st gen esco pics! Side question what would you consider to be the most valuable gmt400 made as far as “collectible value” based on rarity and realistic value?