GMT 400 vs 90s Ford OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not my old truck, stock photo. I see all brands with camber issues. I posted to show what I think is a cool looking post 72 Ford truck.

You know what they say opinions are like. Everyone has one. My 71 Bronco is still my favorite vehicle of all the ones I've owned, and I had a 2017 Raptor for a while.

You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what they say opinions are like. Everyone has one. My 71 Bronco is still my favorite vehicle of all the ones I've owned, and I had a 2017 Raptor for a while.

You must be registered for see images attach
Plus a Dodge! Guy in town has your truck recently restored, looks good too.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus a Dodge! Guy in town has your truck recently restored, looks good too.

Everytime I need a part I am reminded why I won't restore it. An old Chevy you can practically build out of a catalog, parts for that thing are hard to find and expensive when you do find them.

The bumpside is just a great looking classic in my eyes. After that their trucks really didn't do anything for me.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like any year GM truck up to 400. The GMT 900's are the last of the good looking trucks, everything sense has been "My grill is bigger then your grill" madness, and with tacky body lines. I consider the GMT 800's the lost generation.. Whoever though those "bat wing" hood designs was cool was on drugs. By the time the 800 came out, they had moved away from "truck" to Car with a bed, and complete computerization. At least they later models came with the legendary LS motors. Anyway, that's my two sense.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I am not a brand loyalist and I do not consider my self a fan boy that likes to bash on people just because I may not like their brand very much as some one that just plain likes trucks in general I would that I think I like gmt400 the most with square bodies being the runner up I like the early gmt800 interior more then I like the 95+ gmt400 interior like any one that like gm truck I also like the 67-72s a lot I also really like 1rst gen s10s will not mess with a second gen 210 unless it is a 97 or older
while I am not a big fan of fords they did some okay things I do like a lot of there body styles bumpside dentside bullnose bricknose obs the fist gen super duty look okay but if it is not 7.3 it is junk as far as dodge goes 72-97 for full size and fist and second gen dakotas
I am putting my flame suit on for this next I am a fan of datson/nissan hard bodies and toyota trucks pre tacoma/tundra era and some of the mazda b series I do not think I would ever mess with a ranger unless it was a manual 4x4 97 or older

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
...I like the early gmt800 interior more then I like the 95+ gmt400 interior...

I'm not sure what 800 interior I've seen, but to me they always look broken down. The HD's look a lot better, but those are mostly more work truck types, I've looked at, I think.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I am not a brand loyalist and I do not consider my self a fan boy that likes to bash on people just because I may not like their brand very much as some one that just plain likes trucks in general I would that I think I like gmt400 the most with square bodies being the runner up I like the early gmt800 interior more then I like the 95+ gmt400 interior like any one that like gm truck I also like the 67-72s a lot I also really like 1rst gen s10s will not mess with a second gen 210 unless it is a 97 or older
while I am not a big fan of fords they did some okay things I do like a lot of there body styles bumpside dentside bullnose bricknose obs the fist gen super duty look okay but if it is not 7.3 it is junk as far as dodge goes 72-97 for full size and fist and second gen dakotas
I am putting my flame suit on for this next I am a fan of datson/nissan hard bodies and toyota trucks pre tacoma/tundra era and some of the mazda b series I do not think I would ever mess with a ranger unless it was a manual 4x4 97 or older
now my thought on suvs are as 76-91 full size blazer/jimmy is my top pick runner for second place is hard for me to pick so I give to booth the 78-96 bronco and the 81-93 ramcharger in 3rd I got 2 door tahoe/yukon/K-1500 blazer in 4th I got 67-99 1/2 and 3/4 ton suburban I would not mess with a gmt800 suburban/yukon xl unless it was a 2500 4x4 with a 8.1 and quadra-steer other suv that I would not mind owning 1rst gen s10 blazer jeep xj 1rst gen trooper 7.3 powered excursion