Getting a rebuild for my 97 z71. $2500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unssafe

Reaction score
Hey now,

A while ago the radiator burst and mixed the trans fluid and radiator fluid. I flushed it a couple of times and got a couple of extra years but now no 4th and no 3rd gear. The best quote I got so far is $2500. That includes new tc, sun shell, clutches etc. And new harness if needed and a cooler added. Also a new rear main seal and includes a change of oil in the transfer case. They do all the work and a 3 year 50000 mile warranty. Is this about standard? What does a brand new transmission for a 4x4 cost.? Also they don't use the corvette servo. Any tips or tricks I should know before I take to these guys. I am in Melbourne FL.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$2500 is less than I paid last summer to R & R, and overhaul a 700.

That's WITHOUT the rear main, oil change in the transfer case, and adding a new trans cooler.

It DOES include torque converter, sun shell, 2--4 band, clutch frictions (not steels) Corvette servo, seal kit 'n' filter. Also some planetary pieces, as my geartrain was busted-up. They flushed my existing coolers, and added a frame-to-trans ground strap (standard procedure for them.)

I think my total bill was somewhere around $2650.