Fuses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone so just bought a new obs and checked the fuse box and just want to make sure all the fuses are correct thank you as I’m fairly new to cars .
What year, model, engine do you have?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1990 gmc c1500 5.7
It also depends on accessories. You s/b able to find what you need here.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
No, they're not. Looks like the only ones which are the right rating for the circuits labeled are the Brake, HTR-A/C and Wiper fuses. It's also missing one of the breakers for some reason.

Finn

Reaction score
No, they're not. Looks like the only ones which are the right rating for the circuits labeled are the Brake, HTR-A/C and Wiper fuses. It's also missing one of the breakers for some reason.
So when removing the fuses should i disconnect the battery before doing so and also do you believe the fuses are a reason as to why my speedometer doesn't work even after switch the speed sensor and repairing the cluster?

Finn

Reaction score
Also, just looking at the box labels, you have the wrong fuses in some of the slots, like 30A in a 15A, 10A in a 15A, etc
So when removing the fuses should i disconnect the battery before doing so and also do you believe the fuses are a reason as to why my speedometer doesn't work even after switch the speed sensor and repairing the cluster?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So when removing the fuses should i disconnect the battery before doing so
I wouldn't bother. You could, but it's pointless, AND it will erase all your learned fuel trims and stored codes (if any.) Depending on which fuses get replaced, you may be erasing that stuff anyway. I'm not going to go fuse-by-fuse to see what fuses are inappropriate.

Each fuse is marked (and color-coded) for amperage rating. The fusebox is labeled for the amperage required. Put the correct fuses in each slot, facing the right direction to be easily legible. Install an appropriate breaker in the empty slot. Hope everything works when you're done.