fuel pump time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
pretty sure i need a new fuel pump cause mytruck is falling on its face and has lost all sorts of power, anywhoo when i get to work tomorrow i will check it for sure to make sure thats what it is. question is, can i put a vortec fuel pump in instead of the stock tbi pump? are they different? is the vortec better? I could have sworn i saw a thread on here about that once but i cant find it.... any help would be awesome!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a higher pressure pump, and would only cause a lot more fuel to be bypassed by the FPR, possibly overpowering it. I would just use the factory style pump, as you won't gain anything with the vortec pump.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you changed your fuel filter lately? how is the injector pattern? have you checked fuel pressure?

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
changed the fuel filter couple months ago, injector spray pattern actually looks a little weaker than i'm used to seeing, and i am gonna check the pressure tomorrow

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DO that first, stock is 9-12 psi, spray should be a strong cone pattern, if it is dripping or weak then the injectors are bad or the filters around them are clogged.