Fuel Contamination

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put 93 octane in my Pathfinder yesterday evening and barely made it 1 mile home. The gas looks like pond scum. A buddy of mine shared a video of a guy that bought diesel in Illinois from 3 stations and it was all contaminated. The station I had bought "fuel" from had just been delivered 1,800 gallons the day before. I will have to file a claim with their insurance company to pay for the repair costs, but I am wondering if anyone else out there has recently found themselves with contaminated fuel. I do not have the time to drop the tank on it, but a mechanic I trust is going to pull the tank, change the OEM 12 year old fuel pump that has 115K miles on it, clean the tank and lines out and get it running for me again. Only changing the pump out because it is inexpensive and they are known to fail with less mileage and age not to mention the tank is coming out anyway.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: