Front Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
considering they are moog id be getting off my posterior and scouring junkyards for them and rebuilding a set of used ones with the bushings and balljoint of my choosing.

Bradyk1500

Reaction score
Is there any update if they fit or not? I'm trying to get a set for my 1996 K1500. My driver lower ball joint is "wallow" out.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Is there any update if they fit or not? I'm trying to get a set for my 1996 K1500. My driver lower ball joint is "wallow" out.

The ball joint is bad, or the hole for the ball joint is bad? If it's just the ball joint, and not the hole in the arm where the ball joint gets pressed in, just replace the ball joint. It's not hard to press them in and out with a ball joint press from Autozone.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless they're a bolt-in ball joint, of course. Then you get to cut out four rivets each side, and bolt the replacement joint into place.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Unless they're a bolt-in ball joint, of course. Then you get to cut out four rivets each side, and bolt the replacement joint into place.

Weren't those on earlier trucks? I see a few listed for 96 on Rockauto, but only from Dorman and "API" (whoever they are), which makes me think it might be a mistake.

I didn't know the lowers were rivieted on those. I guess it stands to reason since that's how GM did the uppers.... what a pain. Mine got drilled out by a heavy duty truck shop.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

i know this is about upper ones not lower, I figured to share since i ran into it accidently

Those are also GMT-800 control arms. The common method to get ball joints to stay in stamped arms that have become slightly oversize is to tack weld them. Thats something that goes way back. It's not something that's ever been applicable to what I was working on, Though.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are also GMT-800 control arms. The common method to get ball joints to stay in stamped arms that have become slightly oversize is to tack weld them. Thats something that goes way back. It's not something that's ever been applicable to what I was working on, Though.
Im sorry :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969