Front Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced both control arms, wheel bearings, CV shaft, shocks, tie rod ends, steering box, idler and pitman arms. And the sway bar bushings. I removed the knock outs for the UCA also. I also did the rear leaf spring bushings and shocks. Hopefully I have time to take it to get it aligned and a new set of Goodyear Duratracs next week.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great news for those in need of LCA’s. On a side note, if you haven’t purchased the Goodyear Duratracs yet, take a look at the Goodyear Ultraterrain AT’s. I’ve read all great reviews on them, supposed to wear great and are supposed to be much quieter than the Duratracs. I haven’t installed mine yet but got them for $762.00 for the E-rated version.
You must be registered for see images attach

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a bad looking tire. I'll check into them. I finished the passenger side yesterday. I had no other issues with fitment. With everything being new, hopefully it will drive like a new truck again. I'll report back once I get the alignment and new tires on.

langkg

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
What brand two arm puller did you use to get the torsion bars removed? That puller fits like a glove!
thanks for posting your project. You give me inspiration to finally do mine. I was dreading having to rebuild old nasty LCA’s but seeing as there are new Moog arms available I will also go that route.

Im puzzled why Moog wouldn’t list these for GMT400’s. They would quadruple their sales overnight. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve searched in vain for rebuilt or new LCA’s!!!!!

wb292

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is a Tolsen 6 inch 2 jaw gear puller. Model #65042. It really made short work of pulling them off of the bars. They were stuck and resisted the puller at first. I cleaned the hexes with brake cleaner and sctoch brite, then put never seeze on them before assembly. Thanks Glad I could help.
It does seem strange that they wouldn't advertise them as a replacement. These are way more K1500s on the road than AWD Astros. Looking at guy next door's AWD Astro there are some cheezy skid plates mounted to the bolt holes i showed in earlier pics. Witch would give them a different part number. But I noticed on a GM Parts site the Astro was included in the fitment chart. I haven't gotten it aligned yet but it is back on it's tires. i have to replace the clutch this weekend before I take it down.

langkg

Reaction score
It is a Tolsen 6 inch 2 jaw gear puller. Model #65042. It really made short work of pulling them off of the bars. They were stuck and resisted the puller at first. I cleaned the hexes with brake cleaner and sctoch brite, then put never seeze on them before assembly. Thanks Glad I could help.
It does seem strange that they wouldn't advertise them as a replacement. These are way more K1500s on the road than AWD Astros. Looking at guy next door's AWD Astro there are some cheezy skid plates mounted to the bolt holes i showed in earlier pics. Witch would give them a different part number. But I noticed on a GM Parts site the Astro was included in the fitment chart. I haven't gotten it aligned yet but it is back on it's tires. i have to replace the clutch this weekend before I take it down.
Thanks again. You pioneered the way and your work and updates will undoubtedly help many others.
I vote for making this a sticky!!!!!!

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, curious minds await the result of how it drives after all the work!!