Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
After my truck has been sitting for two years, because the engine was blown up, I finally got my truck running once again! bad news is that my front fuel lines are toast. I have fuel everywhere except in the throttle body... I can find the rear section of the fuel lines, but nobody has the front sections. I have a 91' Chevy C1500 Long Bed with a 4.3L V6 with a 5-speed. If somebody can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd either get used or make my own if they're that hard to find. Being in Indiana, I suspect used is out of the question.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rock auto lists GM ones and could probably get one at the dealer. Not that difficult to find.

Idk, and I may be partial after having a brand new vehicle burn down 6 miles from the dealership(a Ford with the snap together fuel lines) and get to see other collision damaged burn victims quite frequently that I would never consider running the fuel through a nylon line under the vehicle where it could be subject to damage or abrasion from vibration or road debris, ruptured from a collision event or some other unforeseen event, etc. Definitely wouldn't use it where hardlines and braided hose go.

Leave the nylon **** for the weed wacker and mower. Just because something is available doesn't make it a good idea.

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Rock auto lists GM ones and could probably get one at the dealer. Not that difficult to find.

Idk, and I may be partial after having a brand new vehicle burn down 6 miles from the dealership(a Ford with the snap together fuel lines) and get to see other collision damaged burn victims quite frequently that I would never consider running the fuel through a nylon line under the vehicle where it could be subject to damage or abrasion from vibration or road debris, ruptured from a collision event or some other unforeseen event, etc. Definitely wouldn't use it where hardlines and braided hose go.

Leave the nylon **** for the weed wacker and mower. Just because something is available doesn't make it a good idea.

Ford used nylon line with an inertia switch. GM used neither.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ford used nylon line with an inertia switch. GM used neither.

It was a bad experience. The fuel pump turned into a flame thrower I guess. As soon as I got stopped the frontend was engulfed in flames with flames coming up to the door windows. E350 Van, so damn near sitting on the engine. Ran out the rear doors. Thankfully it was new and wasn't loaded with crap.

The salesman said "bring it back"
Me" um, no, you don't get it. It burned to the ground. There's 3 fire trucks and and a dozen cops here. Send a rollback asap"

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't done it before but from my limited research on the subject I would use cupronickel tubing and double flares to make my own.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It was a bad experience. The fuel pump turned into a flame thrower I guess. As soon as I got stopped the frontend was engulfed in flames with flames coming up to the door windows. E350 Van, so damn near sitting on the engine. Ran out the rear doors. Thankfully it was new and wasn't loaded with crap.

The salesman said "bring it back"
Me" um, no, you don't get it. It burned to the ground. There's 3 fire trucks and and a dozen cops here. Send a rollback asap"

So you didn't hit anything? ****** just went up like that? And it was the fuel line to blame?