What is this hose? (Possible fuel leak)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this the evap canister and harness? so the line from harness to front of tbi is broke off..

and from that module to tbi on the backside there is a hose.

so the missing hose is still idk what.

Attachments

• IMG_1831.jpeg
    IMG_1831.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1829.jpeg
    IMG_1829.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1828.jpeg
    IMG_1828.jpeg
    345.1 KB · Views: 13

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The broken hose on the front passenger side of your TBI is going to the EGR solenoid. You'll want that working, too. Keep in mind on the solenoid there's one port meant to be open, that's the vent, the one connection with no hose barbs on it - just smooth, so it's easy to tell them apart.

Port on driver front side of TBI is to the PURGE port on the canister, as we discussed before. Middle large port on the TBI of course is the PCV valve.

The sensor behind your TBI that has a hose to the bottom rear of the TBI unit is the MAP sensor. Critical for proper engine operation. Without it, you'll run very rich.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you.
No prob.. all that stuff should be detailed (to a degree) in the emissions sticker on your fan shroud, but it's not dead simple clear. Service manuals should show it fairly well. My TBI intake gasket write-up has a bunch of pictures showing all that routing although mine will be slightly different in a couple areas - mine was a '94 so it has the EVAP purge valve yours will not, and I've got a large Tee on the TBI's PCV connector because I ran a vacuum gauge off it.

And to clarify a bit further, you asked about the canister - in case yours is missing in action, it sits on the driver side of the core support and looks like a black plastic coffee can. Some people remove them. There's no benefit to removing it, best to leave it in place, and connected.

Richard

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perfect. I will print those pages out tomorrow. I do alot better seeing what im actualy tearing apart