Fuel tank vent hose - size/ pn question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ju1cE

Reaction score
Hey gmt400

As I continue on with project Un-Fruck thisTruck I’m continuing to find shenanigans by previous repair attempts (honestly haven’t found many real repairs yet…just a lot of attempts). They did manage to replace the fuel tank/ sender and pump however the connection for the vent hose (from sender to filler neck housing) was cobbled together…what I’m confused about it that it look likes it’s 5/8 on the sender side and then 3/4 on a steel pipe (which the connectors to the sorta question mark shaped hose on the filler neck) when looking up fuel tank vent hose I’m only finding the small question mark one…what’s the story on the hose that connects the sender to the pipe? (This last guy crammed a piece of 3/4 on the pipe and then ****’d a clamp down tight on some small 5/8 od piece of pipe to join which believe it or not leaked pretty bad)

DIY repair suggestions or proper pn would be appreciated!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time picturing what you're saying. Got pics? They're a sure-fire way to get responses, especially if you post pics of something dorked up in a new and interesting way.