Front door glass replacement - from above or below?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to sad lol.

Only because there's no glass to see the reflection of my face!

Like that light on the fender btw...

'Repeaters' they're called here. As per posts below, been a legal requirement here for a while. You have the corner flashers though. Mine are currently deleted - only with a wire cut though.

oh and hey at least it wasn't the long glass.... happened to be right before my wedding....

Disasters run to their own schedule!

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good job! Very well done, carry on, as they say on your side of the pond LOL. Guess we're lucky that our mirror didn't get like yours when it got popped by an auto transport trailer on the freeway in Houston last year. Sounded like it took it off the door, but actually just folded it forward against the windshield post. Glass has an almost invisible crack in it but hasn't come loose, so no messing with it for now.

Cheers.
When the new mirrors arrive, if I can get them apart I'm going to tape the back of the glass so if it takes a hit and shatters the shrapnel won't fly everywhere and damage the paint on the door - which it otherwise does.

And no more bodged mirrors! All of this goes back to my bank having the phone number of where I lived six years ago and the rejection of payment by Rock Auto when I tried to buy a new mirror. I don't think a new mirror would have came through the glass. It didn't the first time. Who knew a bank being so half-arsed could cost me a door glass?

Can hardly believe yours took a forward hit and didn't damage the door. A bit of luck there.

Last edited: