K1500 to K3500 suspension swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timcook8

Reaction score
Swapping to the 9.25 axel and want to swap rest of IFS from 1 ton also. All bolt up ready? I thought I saw that one of the A arm brackets needs some massaging. Anyone know for sure? Pic for attn.
You must be registered for see images attach

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
swapping front diffs would be the more valuable venture since the diff is the weak point in that equation. if for whatever reason youre after 8 lug rear id be looking at 9.25 diff and gmt800 8 lug knuckles for a bigger brake upgrade on top. just my .02c IF you had to keep the IFS. otherwise for a low lift offroad play tow id find me a superduty 60 with radius arms and go that route. cost effective if you have the welding skills, and a way bigger improvement.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swapping to the 9.25 axel and want to swap rest of IFS from 1 ton also. All bolt up ready? I thought I saw that one of the A arm brackets needs some massaging. Anyone know for sure? Pic for attn.
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey now I like!!! Custom modified steel fenders or aftermarket?

Timcook8

Reaction score
swapping front diffs would be the more valuable venture since the diff is the weak point in that equation. if for whatever reason youre after 8 lug rear id be looking at 9.25 diff and gmt800 8 lug knuckles for a bigger brake upgrade on top. just my .02c IF you had to keep the IFS. otherwise for a low lift offroad play tow id find me a superduty 60 with radius arms and go that route. cost effective if you have the welding skills, and a way bigger improvement.
Definitely going 8 lug. Keeping the IFS just because it is my daily and like running 60-80 mph out across the desert and although do some crawling, it is a small percentage and the IFS ride is so much nicer.

Timcook8

Reaction score
Swapping my current 14bsf to a 14bff 8 lug also. Have it ready to go in.

BustedCrank

Reaction score
Ive got a whole front suspension/diff/axles from a 98 k3500 you can have if you want to try it all. I pulled in favor of a solid axle. Has a 6" lift as part of it. Don't remember the brand off hand. The lift was installed when it was pretty much new, and it had almost 150k miles on it when pulled. Bit a of drive for you (Western,WA), but it should all be there.