Front airbag sensor relocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure this is in correct forum, feel free to move if not.

Getting ready to install the plow mount onto my 95 k2500 suburban from a 94 k2500 RCLB. The front RH (passenger side) frame horn has an airbag sensor located borderline where plow bracing bolts. What's the proper way to relocate this sensor, if necessary? Or should I modify the plow mount bracing to avoid the sensor?
You must be registered for see images attach

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a new way to plow for me. How well does it work being rear mounted?

I'm assuming it's hitch mounted?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Had it for over 5 years, it angles left and right. It is AWESOME for my use on my driveway for home use, No electric, no hydraulics etc... just back up, go forward etc... yes hitch mount, GOOD HITCH lol... I get blasted here in 3ft. drifts, this thing has NEVER failed me. I know it seems cheap.... But it is solid... I beat the CHIT out of this thing now for 5-6 years... I bought it for $800.00 because the guy did not know how to put the hitch it comes with on front of his Dodge Dakota 4x4 truck..

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you find instructions for plow mounting that deal with this? Perhaps the instructions for your vehicle, whether it's for that brand or model of plow or not.

I gotta say, I'm not thrilled with the idea of having airbags on my '97 K2500 plow-truck. Hit a drift hard enough, and pop the bags. I'd kinda like to disable the airbags with a switch so there's no chance of them going off when the plow is mounted.

But then, I think it's nuts to have explosive devices in the passenger compartment to begin with. So I'm probably a non-typical case.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Can you find instructions for plow mounting that deal with this?
Meyer install directions have zero mention of the airbags for the gmt400 mounts. I'm currently leaning towards clearancing the bracing depending on how much it needs. Paging @RichLo , you have SRS sensor on your plow truck in that position?

Plan on getting it mounted up this evening after picking up new hardware, maybe without that brace for today.

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the sensors and bags,toss them in the trash,problem solved! I'm with shurkey,last thing I want is something blowing up in my face.
While that would deal with the issue, I'm inclined to keep the one the rig has. May disable it for the winter and pull the sensor until I have a more permanent solution worked out.