Free to me GMC 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
drivers outside door handle on our K-3500 is kind of broke it works fine but when you pull the key pull the key out from unlocking or locking it the handle dose pull a part in that spot where the hole is for the lock sadly I do not think it will be fixed till the handle is fully broke not my call to make when some thing gets fixed
One of the reasons I installed a keyless entry/remote start was to avoid even using a key to enter the truck. Less is more!

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dug into the tail light issues and here’s what I found. Reminder what I started with is none of the taillights coming I. At all, that’s 6 bulbs total between both rear lights.

Inspected trailer harness and found a ground to be in bad shape so I unplugged the trailer harness from the rear taillight harness and plugged the tail light harnesses together eliminating the trailer harness completely for now. (Prob gonna just buy a new one because the 4pin connectors is pretty gross)

After that I checked and still no lights…..
Then I removed the new after market driver side taillight circuit board and plugged in one of 4 old taillight CBs I had found in the truck. Suddenly the driver side is working great off the old mystery taillight CB and bulbs. Then the passenger side also came to life partially, no reverse light but the other two worked.

So I pulled the circuit board out of the tail light housing on the passenger side and noticed the reverse light was getting power but not enough to be visible through the lens in daylight. I tried swapping bulbs and CBs and nothing helped. I also still have no front Pass corner marker during DRL or turn signal.

Lastly when the passenger turn signal is on the radio screen flashes along with the turn signal. This one has me the most stumped!

Is there a preferred brand tail light circuit board to buy? Obviously the ones I bought are straight trash, despite the housing looking good.

Attachments

• IMG_1920.jpeg
    IMG_1920.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1918.jpeg
    IMG_1918.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1916.jpeg
    IMG_1916.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 7

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I would answer this question, but by now you should know what I would recommend. :deal:
When we had to replace them on our other 99 Burb, Dad bought the GM ones from the dealership parts department, because he didn't know they were available in the aftermarket. IIRC they were around $35 apiece then, 15-20 years ago. I bought one from O'Reilly's last year for Rawhide, because my used one quit working.
If I'd been on this forum then, I'd have known to pull a lot more stuff off that Burb carcass before sending it off.....

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we had to replace them on our other 99 Burb, Dad bought the GM ones from the dealership parts department, because he didn't know they were available in the aftermarket. IIRC they were around $35 apiece then, 15-20 years ago. I bought one from O'Reilly's last year for Rawhide, because my used one quit working.
If I'd been on this forum then, I'd have known to pull a lot more stuff off that Burb carcass before sending it off.....
Did you O’Reillys one end up working? Atleast there it’s an easy exchange if it’s no good.

Those are all out of stock unfortunately, looks like RA sells them but only the right side in OEM form.

Too bad there’s not not a way to convert the tail lights or an aftermarket set to just bulbs and sockets none of this circuit board junk.

Attachments

• IMG_1922.png
    IMG_1922.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 1

Dantheman1540

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered a new AC control panel and 4x4 button, but what typically would go above or below the cargo lamp button? I want to run the bumper fog lights as factory as possible, and also plan to have an electronic rear locker, are there buttons here in higher trimmed models?

Attachments

• IMG_1923.jpeg
    IMG_1923.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 5

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Did you O’Reillys one end up working? Atleast there it’s an easy exchange if it’s no good.

Those are all out of stock unfortunately, looks like RA sells them but only the right side in OEM form.

Too bad there’s not not a way to convert the tail lights or an aftermarket set to just bulbs and sockets none of this circuit board junk.
Yes it's been on there for a while now, working fine.

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a new AC control panel and 4x4 button, but what typically would go above or below the cargo lamp button? I want to run the bumper fog lights as factory as possible, and also plan to have an electronic rear locker, are there buttons here in higher trimmed models?
Above is usually rear wiper contol if its a SUV with tailgate/liftgate, below is pass airbag switch I believe only in trucks or could be foglight switch.