frame sag after C notch - how to correct the problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSMando

Reaction score
asking if anyone knows how to fix this . I recently noticed that my bed was sagging in the middle it basically looks like it’s caving in and not straight . I have a 4/6 drop on my truck I noticed it right after I lowered it

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bed is sagging? What about the frame? The bed is bolted to the frame with 8 bolts, if the bed is bending out of position, I'd be more worried about the frame.
Did you bolt or weld the c-notch?
Can you remove the bed and check the frame with a level?
Is the bed sheetmetal rotted?

Can you give us any more info? Even pictures might be helpful. I cant see the truck through the internets...

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your not providing a lot of information so I'm assuming you did the c notches yourself without out a lot of forethought to measurements or welding in some temporary bracing to keep things lined up and squared up while the frame was cut and notches installed???????? If the frame is sagging you have structural issues. If it's the floor sagging because it was left unsupported or otherwise unattached it's a different story. Be clear in your descriptions.

Some pictures of the frame work and welding will speak volumes more than words.

OBSMando

Reaction score
The bed is sagging? What about the frame? The bed is bolted to the frame with 8 bolts, if the bed is bending out of position, I'd be more worried about the frame.
Did you bolt or weld the c-notch?
Can you remove the bed and check the frame with a level?
Is the bed sheetmetal rotted?

Can you give us any more info? Even pictures might be helpful. I cant see the truck through the internets...
Frame looks good . The frame is bolted on Some people told me that I have to make my c notch stronger not sure though

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the frame is sagging at the notch, then that’s you issue. If just the bed floor sags where u cut the bed support out, that’s not as big as an issue

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The frame must be supported properly before making that first cut.
Aftermarket notch or you fabbed?
Aftermarket notches usually don't need to be made stronger.
The Co.'s making them have a rep to protect, along with some liability concerns.
Most pre-fabbed notches are over-built for the requirements.

Pix = 1000 words.