fitting size at oil filter housing to eliminate oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think they are 3/8's npt but just wanted any input be a long day had to replace radiator and one oil line is weaping so i figured remove them

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I remember you can't just plug them off. I removed the adapter an all an went to a larger spin on filter mounted up an down instead of sideways....

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you know the filter number your using? and I take it that it clears the front shaft enuff.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya it does, I started with a wix 51069 I believe. I crossed that to a purolator though because they are cheaper. I can't recall that number right off hand but it's the same size as the wix.

These pics are from BEFORE the lift. I have a ton of room around it now but I did this before the lift because the lines were leaking.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There is a two bolt threaded piece you have to have. Any parts store should be able to hook you up. I ordered my filter is for a 2000 big block IIRC

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey paul went to do the swap like yours filter wont clear due to the 1 ton has a bigger front gear housing,ended up plugging ports for cooler line with 3/8's plugs

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? That stinks, I swear I remember someone saying some one tons came factory like that.

There was also a mod that needed to be made to the adapter if you were just going to plug it off. I can't remember exactly what it was though...

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
57099 wix filter is what I run. Try it cause its shorter than most. You lose filter efficiency but it'll clear. I think that's what that filter is for actually.

Last edited: