Firestone bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I get a pretty decent discount on firestone bags through my work... If you guys know me you know I dont know a ton about bags so any help is much appreciated. I believe I read that I need 2600lb bags... but really... I have no clue... heres what I have planned so far...
8inch notch
ekstensive 2 link
bags all around.
stock 15" sport wheels... 235/70 tires
the ultimate goal is to lay frame... the truck is a reg cab stepside

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please don't do 2 link, and I personally really like Slam Specialties air bag's, I have used Firestones also, but they don't offer near as much lift, nor will they take as much pressure and they are only one layer thick, Slam's are either 2 or 3 layer's depending on which bag's you get. A 2 link does not allow for pinion angle change, all you can do is set it up for ride height, if you decide to drive any higher or lower you will eat up u joint's, I would suggest at very least a basic parallel or triangulated 4 link you and your truck will be glad you did.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please don't do 2 link, and I personally really like Slam Specialties air bag's, I have used Firestones also, but they don't offer near as much lift, nor will they take as much pressure and they are only one layer thick, Slam's are either 2 or 3 layer's depending on which bag's you get. A 2 link does not allow for pinion angle change, all you can do is set it up for ride height, if you decide to drive any higher or lower you will eat up u joint's, I would suggest at very least a basic parallel or triangulated 4 link you and your truck will be glad you did.

man and then all the plans change....

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its better to be safe then sorry i have made the mistake plenty of times of not investing a good amount of money on a quality part and then i bought what was supposed to be "budget" and i was *&^%ed

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its better to be safe then sorry i have made the mistake plenty of times of not investing a good amount of money on a quality part and then i bought what was supposed to be "budget" and i was *&^%ed

yeah I have a vw to cut corners on. the truck needs to be right