Picked up a bagged project, need advice/info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Sierra53

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined the forum after picking up a 93 Sierra that was bagged by the previous owner. It has the following parts:
20x8 +1 U117 w/ 245/40
MMW flat control arms and no notch tierods
2” upper cups
Western drop spindles
2500lb(?) firestones up front, Spring pocket isn’t cut and the bag barely touches the frame.

20x9.5 +1 U117 w/ 255/45
Ekstensive 2 link kit in the rear
2 Viair 444c
Slam sv8 manifold
5gal tank
bed floor raised 8”

I only get 7.5” of lift up front if I max Out the pressure, I know this is due to the bags. I’m looking at installing Dominator 2600’s all around, how much lift will this give me?

Has anyone used 22x9” Transport wheels with narrowed control arms?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D2600 bags give 9.7 inches of lift.

Keep in mind that transport wheels aren't dot rated and bend super easy with short sidewalls. Anything less than 40 series tires and you'll have problems.

Also, gonna need pics!!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can say what he wants, they're not DOT approved.
That's why GM won't sell them, and dealers were supposed to send them back to GM.
Don't get me wrong, they're dope, bil has them on his square crew, and my guy has a set on his turbo big block burb. With decent sidewalls they're fine, the square crew is driven all over the Midwest, and is headed to Arizona in the fall.

93Sierra53

Reaction score
I’ll look into the transport wheels more before moving forward. I was hoping to get the smoothie look without spending 1500+.

It’s just going to be an around town cruiser, Parts are on the way to install “old” 48k 04 5.3/4l60 and PsiConversions harness from my Buick that’s getting a cammed lq4, 4l80e and Terminator x max.

I have the complete 05 Denali with hydro boost, is there anything worth swapping over to the Sierra? Calipers, hydro boost etc?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
He can say what he wants, they're not DOT approved.
That's why GM won't sell them, and dealers were supposed to send them back to GM.
Don't get me wrong, they're dope, bil has them on his square crew, and my guy has a set on his turbo big block burb. With decent sidewalls they're fine, the square crew is driven all over the Midwest, and is headed to Arizona in the fall.

I think you're looking at it from the wrong end. They are transport wheels, used for getting the vehicles to the dealer without putting the fancy wheels to risk of damage or theft. GM doesn't sell them just like they don't sell other pieces of equipment or supplies they use in daily operations.... and if they're not selling them, why bother to get them DOT approved?

I assume they go back for re-use just like all the racking they use to transport parts.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're looking at it from the wrong end. They are transport wheels, used for getting the vehicles to the dealer without putting the fancy wheels to risk of damage or theft. GM doesn't sell them just like they don't sell other pieces of equipment or supplies they use in daily operations.... and if they're not selling them, why bother to get them DOT approved?

I assume they go back for re-use just like all the racking they use to transport parts.
Not sure what you mean by the wrong end?
I know that everything you say is accurate, that's why I said it...lol

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll look into the transport wheels more before moving forward. I was hoping to get the smoothie look without spending 1500+.
As long as you run enough sidewall you'll be fine.
The "He" I was referring to is the guy in the ad @thegawd posted not Al himself.
It’s just going to be an around town cruiser, Parts are on the way to install “old” 48k 04 5.3/4l60 and PsiConversions harness from my Buick that’s getting a cammed lq4, 4l80e and Terminator x max.

I have the complete 05 Denali with hydro boost, is there anything worth swapping over to the Sierra? Calipers, hydro boost etc?
I don't see why that setup wouldn't work great.