FEELER: LED Loaded Esky Clusters for 95-98 OBS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Can't figure out how to edit the title, but I NO LONGER have any of these clusters for sale. This thread can be locked, or left open to ask questions, doesn't bother me any.

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am most definitely interested in a esky cluster but what do you mean the 95 guys go through hell with clusters? I have a 95 and I haven't had any issues other than I've tried to put LED's in my twistlocks and only 2 would light up...So I bought brand new twistlocks, ripped the old 194's out, put them in and NO LED's would work. I'd really like to do LED's in my cluster what am I doing wrong? But yea def interested fa show.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I am most definitely interested in a esky cluster but what do you mean the 95 guys go through hell with clusters? I have a 95 and I haven't had any issues other than I've tried to put LED's in my twistlocks and only 2 would light up...So I bought brand new twistlocks, ripped the old 194's out, put them in and NO LED's would work. I'd really like to do LED's in my cluster what am I doing wrong? But yea def interested fa show.

:lol: That's exactly what I mean, your experience with LEDs is what inspired me to put that comment about your clusters not liking LEDs :crazy:

I'm going to be installing LEDs in a member's factory twistlocks and HVAC sockets here soon, so I'll be able to tell you if it can be done with minimal work or if surgery will be required, lol.

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hey SP, if you want, you can send me those twistlocks that you were having problems with and I can test them and try installing LEDs into them if ya like. Tell me whatcha think and if you're up to it I'll send ya a message with mailing info.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Thats not a bad deal if your find a rolled esc or Denali I need the rear cupholders for the console

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The rear foldout cupholders for the front center console? What color do you need? I'm sure they're still in the console of the esky I still have, someone bought the chassis of the '99.

Crap, I derailing my own thread :crazy: lol

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow well guys I have my old twist locks laying around somewhere along with a bunch of LED 194's. How do I test the twist locks, then the LEDs? Thanks alot for the offer MOBS it may have to come to me sending them to you, but if testing them is simple then I can do it...I am wondering when I bought the new twistlocks they came with regular 194's in them and they were hell to remove...I mean i literally had to rip them out and even then I had little fragments of the 194 on my finger tips so I'm thinking maybe I damaged the actual twist lock IS THERE A TRICK TO REMOVING THE 194 FROM A BRAND NEW TWIST LOCK LIKE THAT? I had a hell of a time so if I can get any answers on that, I may be able to have LED's in my gauges.

Also MOBS how do I tell if I got the 1.5 or obd2? I'm positive I don't have obd2 tho cuz I even have the little key that I put in the top right 2 little holes to read my code so is that 1.5?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The OBD-2 plug is standard on 96+, find any 96+ vehicle and you'll see an obd-2 connector. The biggest difference I see between my 94 and my 96's plug-in, is the side of the plug are different....the 94 plug: the ends are L-shaped like so _| L while the 96 plug's ends are shaped like / \ That's the immediate difference you'll notice between them. If you feel the sides of the plug and they feel smooth on the top and bottom corners, they're obd-2; if you feel a "step" or something blocking you from stroking the plug up and down then it's an obd-1 type plug.

:lol: The obd-1's don't like being stroked ;)

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LoL well what do you think my problem is with the brand new twist locks and LED's that they wouldn't light up? I think it had to has to have something to do with me ripping out the new 194's that came in them with pliers :lol: but srsly is there a certain way to remove them without damaging anything? I bought a whole nother set of brand new twist locks I am currently running and have the LED's so I would LOVE to get them in there ASAP.

Also, sucks I can't runn an esky cluster. I cleared my needles which looks kinda MEH but I'm thinking about painting them white like the esky cluster. Don't I just paint the back side of the needle?