Engine Driven Compressor info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Found this when doing a image search on Google, drivers side EDC can't tell if it's a Vortec or a TBI but like how it's nice and low in the engine bay.
You must be registered for see images attach

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
Found this when doing a image search on Google, drivers side EDC can't tell if it's a Vortec or a TBI but like how it's nice and low in the engine bay.
You must be registered for see images attach

judging from the jack that looks like a OOBS chevy ;) 87-
but thats clearly for a just air tools since it still has inner fender ;)
you could go lower in the engine like that BUT the lower you go the more of a PITA it will be to check power steering fluid... hell i havent tried to check mine since i installed so im not even sure if i can get the dip stick out of it.LOL

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed. Is not a vortec AC compressor and as said it appears to be an OOBS engine bay. Centerbolt valve covers Say it has to be an 87 if its an OOBS. So i think by assumpyion that its an 87 OOBS which would be a tbi motor.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Now that i have my York 210... i'm having trouble ordering the tube-o to 1/2" npt fitting from Kilby. Their site is up, but when i go to order the fitting, i get the error that "the item is not orderable". Kilby isn't answering the phone, returning messages, or replying to emails. As Deven has posted earlier, Illusive Designs offers the fitting in a 3/8" npt. I've read on another site that you can use a 3/4" npt to 1/2" female npt to make your own... anyone ever done this? it would be cheaper than $60 for two fittings i'm sure.

if not, i'm gonna order half dozen fittings from illusive since these are so hard to find lol.

EDIT: according to the specs on a york 210, the threads are 1"-14 UNC (back to square one)

Last edited:

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Now that i have my York 210... i'm having trouble ordering the tube-o to 1/2" npt fitting from Kilby. Their site is up, but when i go to order the fitting, i get the error that "the item is not orderable". Kilby isn't answering the phone, returning messages, or replying to emails. As Deven has posted earlier, Illusive Designs offers the fitting in a 3/8" npt. I've read on another site that you can use a 3/4" npt to 1/2" female npt to make your own... anyone ever done this? it would be cheaper than $60 for two fittings i'm sure.

if not, i'm gonna order half dozen fittings from illusive since these are so hard to find lol.

EDIT: according to the specs on a york 210, the threads are 1"-14 UNC (back to square one)

I guess I need to get a move on and start picking up the parts for my York install too:)

sick94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm thats strange i ordered my combo pully from Kilby and they called me same day to confirm the order.... as far as the fitting i made my own using a "stock steel ac line fitting" and tig welded a dash 10 an fitting onto it

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I guess I need to get a move on and start picking up the parts for my York install too:)

i originally wanted the Kilby fittings since they're 1/2" NPT on one end... but i went ahead and ordered the 3/8" from Illusive Designs in the meantime. if i can get a set from Kilby at a later time, i'd gladly order a set.

hmm thats strange i ordered my combo pully from Kilby and they called me same day to confirm the order.... as far as the fitting i made my own using a "stock steel ac line fitting" and tig welded a dash 10 an fitting onto it

odd... hehe i have bad luck though. i probably should have gone that route jamie.