Engine Driven Compressor info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Napa stores make hydraulic hoses.. that's the route i'm taking. A guy at my local napa said he'd cut me a deal since i won a trophy they sponsored for best paint at a local show last year. i just haven't had a chance to get there and get it made... been busy with other stuff :/

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Nah your not confusing me mayne! Im following what your saying.... Im a pretty smart cookie! So im pretty sure most of the ones I've looked at are the fittings like yours, so I can use that type and hook it up via hydraulic hose?

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Nah your not confusing me mayne! Im following what your saying.... Im a pretty smart cookie! So im pretty sure most of the ones I've looked at are the fittings like yours, so I can use that type and hook it up via hydraulic hose?

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

yes, after you buy the elbow fittings (either from Kilby or Illusive Designs).

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The yard I go to sells them for 40 bucks each and if you get a non.working one they will swap it. What is the difference in the fitting types? Is there one that's better?

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

:hmm: if you can get them at that price I might be interested in one for the 78 if you would grab 2 an ship... :think:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
:hmm: if you can get them at that price I might be interested in one for the 78 if you would grab 2 an ship... :think:

Yet 40 bones all day long.... But goes back to it being a junkyard part and I need to know the specifics of what to look for to get the best one. The one I have my eye on is still on a closed AC system and the clutch and pulley spins free. I couldn't tell if it was pumping because I didn't wanna open the system till I am ready to buy it

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I would be.interested in one as well dean. If you can let me know what fitting it is I could probably get one.

Sent from ®obland

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet 40 bones all day long.... But goes back to it being a junkyard part and I need to know the specifics of what to look for to get the best one. The one I have my eye on is still on a closed AC system and the clutch and pulley spins free. I couldn't tell if it was pumping because I didn't wanna open the system till I am ready to buy it

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

I don't know a lot about them either, guess I better read up to. If you find/get two good ones I'll definitely buy one from ya though. :deal:

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
nice cheap find on the dip stick! i guess ive just been to lazy and guess the amount of oil needed. but i did just check my seperaters and they where both full of oil sludge so i probably have that gunk in my tank now because i waited so long to check/drain them! :( not a big deal tho but that stuff is messy!
does anyone know if the yellowish sludge is normal? it looks pretty nasty thats for sure! last two times i filled my york i just took it off the truck and drained it and then put the 12 or 16oz in it. cannt remember off hand exact mount recomended. i gotta search for the info every time ive done it.LOL
my mount broke last week :( had to weld it the best i could but its still off. im hoping the guy that made my bracket before can slap another together for me soon! its a good mount but the top slots he put in them for style was its weak point! :( one cracked and i think it just chain reactioned to other points :(
You must be registered for see images attach

lower arm broke off completly! :(

i got it welded and braced alittl better but like always i tend to put to much heat in the weld on thinner steel and it warps :( still gotta work on that and take my time.LOL
and as soon as i get the new bracket im going to brace the lower bracket a bit more if i can and bolt it to the engines hoist hook bracket.

not pretty and not straight like it should be so the belt squalls alittle on start up so i havent played with the air that much since it broke. :( waiting for the new bracket.