Engine Driven Compressor info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
hell i tried to get just the fitting for the oil fill from kirby and they would not sell me just the single fitting which IMO is stupid.... so i aint buying nothing from them if at all posible just cause the guy that emailed me back was just rude about it.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
hell i tried to get just the fitting for the oil fill from kirby and they would not sell me just the single fitting which IMO is stupid.... so i aint buying nothing from them if at all posible just cause the guy that emailed me back was just rude about it.

that's crappy... i don't care to pay more for good customer service...but crap like that don't cut it.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
that's crappy... i don't care to pay more for good customer service...but crap like that don't cut it.

exactly. he didnt even try to be helpfull at all! i wasnt asking for a thread size or specific info, i just wanted to buy just the fitting to screw onto the york. business is business but that guy basically said it your business isnt worth my time for a single bit of help... just BUY THE WHOLE KIT and just use what you need basically...
o well i guess! but now adays good customer service and speed makes all the difference! and with the internet and forums talking about the good and bad experiences it will come back at them either good or bad!

sick94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe Kilby treated me good cause im only 60 miles from him and i could drive there and beat him up LOL

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Alright fellas im doing an edc on my dually. The things I need to know are this......

What do I look for? Is there part numbers or anything? Reason I ask is I can get a York cheap at my local pick and pull. And there are a bunch of them to choose from.

Also does it matter which way it spins once it's mounted?

And how do I determine one in the best shape? I found one that spins nice and freely and is still on a closed system. It seems to be the best one so far.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Alright fellas im doing an edc on my dually. The things I need to know are this......

What do I look for? Is there part numbers or anything? Reason I ask is I can get a York cheap at my local pick and pull. And there are a bunch of them to choose from.

Also does it matter which way it spins once it's mounted?

And how do I determine one in the best shape? I found one that spins nice and freely and is still on a closed system. It seems to be the best one so far.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

i'm new to the EDC rodeo but it's been my finding that Tube-O fittings are easier to find that Flange fittings. Some may say otherwise.. i could have been looking in the wrong places. I have the tube-o type and got my fittings from Illusive Design in Ohio. (deven posted the link to it in here on page 1 or 2)

getting a unit from a closed system would probably be a safe bet that it's clean inside and well lubricated. someone will have to chime in and give better advice.. i don't have mine on the truck yet... i bought a reman'd unit off ebay.

You must be registered for see images attach

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
The yard I go to sells them for 40 bucks each and if you get a non.working one they will swap it. What is the difference in the fitting types? Is there one that's better?

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
flange type... mine above is tube-o (or rotolock as it's also called)

You must be registered for see images attach

as far as which is better... i don't think it matters as far as air compression is concerned... it's the availability of fittings that some run into. some say it's easier to modify the stock flange fittings than buy tube-o fittings for one that requires tube-o.. i know i'm not much help and probably confusing you.. haha