Engine Driven Compressor info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Anybody now about the York with the tube o ring fittings that already have a 90 degrees fitting on them. The AC line just screws onto it, I found a bunch of wagoneers with that style. It seems like just a regular threaded fitting, and seems like it would be easy to find a fitting to go on it.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Anybody now about the York with the tube o ring fittings that already have a 90 degrees fitting on them. The AC line just screws onto it, I found a bunch of wagoneers with that style. It seems like just a regular threaded fitting, and seems like it would be easy to find a fitting to go on it.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

i've read that the threads aren't NPT threads which is why the need for aftermarket elbows.. on page 1, the york service manual shows what kind of threads they are (i think...or i read them somewhere)

manual says they are: 1" 14 UNS not NPT.

Last edited:

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Well my question I guess is what does it matter if it's npt or not I mean as long as I could make the fittings work, wouldn't it work?

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i don't see why it wouldn't... i've seen several methods used to connect the factory fittings up to a leader hose.

edit: i'm not educated enough to know what's involved... lol. so i bought aftermarket fittings

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
i've read that the threads aren't NPT threads which is why the need for aftermarket elbows.. on page 1, the york service manual shows what kind of threads they are (i think...or i read them somewhere)

manual says they are: 1" 14 UNS not NPT.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

They are straight pipe threads I believe we have them at work in the hydraulic department. Could probably get some. And if enough people want them I could have them order me a box. Thanks for the thread size. Been wanting to do this.

Sent from ®obland

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya i wouldnt just TRY to make something work... lets face it 200PSI is no joke! it needs to be exact fit. i dont think its pipe thread but i could be wrong. but to me i think it looked much finer thread. i would just buy the fittings that have been tried and true. you dont want to just TRY something and it strip the threads on the yorks head! not worth the risk IMO.
only thing that sucks is that these places dont sell them in SINGLES!!!!!!! they only sell them in pairs and you really only need one.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Well if they are the pitch you say and if I had the picture I could get them for everyone at a cheaper rate. And is it an adapter to npt?

Sent from ®obland