Engine Driven Compressor info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Nice setup man! Unrelated but im digging the tpi setup as well! On another note im going to be using the v belt style as well for the same reason.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Im gonna try and see if my uncle will machine me a pulley. If he can't then I'll get the kilby one.

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
So what's the deal with the kilby alternator pulley being so small then the compressor pulley being so big, wouldn't that make it run slower? I mean the serpentine clutch would make it run at basically engine speed right? What im getting at Is I've got some old pullys lying around that I could use to drive the compressor that are pretty much the same size as the compressor pulley making it a 1:1 ratio effectively running at engine speed. Is there anything wrong with that?

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!

sick94

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you look at the 2 pics the pic with out TPI has a black compressor and the Tpi pic has a silver compressor .. well the black compressor had the same size pulley LOL and now i have the silver compressor haha dont do it

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
hmmm i never thought about that with the pulley size on those dual belt design.
i know a overdrive pulley on the alt will make it turn faster. but if a dual setup wouldnt that turn the pump slower tho. i was thinking about doing a pulley setup on mine and putting it on passenger side. but hell if that will slow it down i dont want that. ill spend the extra time fabing up some extra pulleys to get the right tension and pulley coverage.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what is everybody doing with the upper radiator hose when you run the brackets off the alternator on the newer motors?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score