Egr valve solenoid filter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrobsMan

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a new egr valve solenoid filter? My solenoid works fine but the filter fell apart but I can’t seem to find a new one anywhere it’s like a little foam type filter that goes on the vent..

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What year, and what engine. They are different from year to year, and engine to engine. Also, I may be mistaken, but IDT the EGR valve, has a filter. Can you post a pic of the filter? Is it the little foam filter, inside of the air breather?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any solenoids that have foam filters left? They're ALL gone.

I suppose any open-cell foam block could be cut and shaped to be a fabricated replacement.

Some of the BBC solenoids had what looks like a paper filter. I don't know where to get those, either. (Never bothered to look.)

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine was small grey , round, 1 inch long , about 3/4 inch diameter, 1/4 inch hole halfway through center. Hot/ cold cycles eventually killed it, it just never moves up on the " to do priority list " . If alfalfa bees, or mud daubers were a problem then I would be more proactive.