Ebrake question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Schurkey

Sounds like a good project in the future when I overhaul the while truck with my son. For now it's just my monthly cruiser to work and beer getter.

I know the jb3 brakes are crap.
As long as you're aware. The fix is out there...God bless the Treasure Yard.

Makes sense what u said about the parking brake. I may have felt a little engagement, but nothing enough to "brake" the vehicle moving forward.
Yeah...the Park brake is weak.

What is opinion on "raybestos" Chineseium brake parts? Those are what I will go with for now.
I ordered--and am awaiting delivery from Amazon--some Raybestos rear disc pads for my Trailblazer, of the same series that has gotten good reviews for front pads of GMT400s. (EHTxxxH, For the GMT400s, EHT369H fits some front calipers, for the Trailblazer it's EHT883H rear, and EHT882H front.) I've been buying Performance Friction "Carbon Metallic" pads for the last near-decade. I like them in general, but they have been wearing-out much faster than I approve of. So I'm gonna try the Rays and see what happens.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely the Raysbestos Element3 pads. I have a set of the Element3 shoes waiting on the bench, but I do wanna say I recently had a bad experience with Raysbestos drums. Bought a pair(for Tacoma), out of balance and round. 2nd set, same thing and again, shipped back. IDK of a good drum manufacturer.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do wanna say I recently had a bad experience with Raysbestos drums. Bought a pair(for Tacoma), out of balance and round. 2nd set, same thing and again, shipped back.

I've had similar issues with Raybestos drums on my red truck. Which is a shame, because IIRC @MrPink confirmed that they were a current supplier for GM/ACDelco.

Nothing but good things to say about the Element3 pads so far, though.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had similar issues with Raybestos drums on my red truck. Which is a shame, because IIRC @MrPink confirmed that they were a current supplier for GM/ACDelco.

Nothing but good things to say about the Element3 pads so far, though.
If you A/B much of Acdelco and Raysbestos, you can see it’s literally the same product. Still wondering who might be a good drum supplier.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still wondering who might be a good drum supplier.

I think they're all hit and miss honestly. My solution has been having my mechanic source them locally and inspecting/turning them prior to installation. At least that way if they show up and aren't serviceable they can be swapped out same day.