E85 500 HP 383 with a L31 truck intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I couldn't tell that by the first picture.... it looked like a flat plate. What is it made of? I like the stamped aluminum tanks. What brand radiator is that?

Shroud is aluminum. The radiator is a KKS. My buddy has been running one for about 4 years now in his 6.0L swapped 97 C1500. With dual 16" fans it has not had any overheating issues with the a/c blasting.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My tape measure and measurements I took at a junkyard say the vans stayed the same. The vans already had the wider mounting spread of the NBS trucks back in 96. I measured a Vortec Max 14 bolt SF I have laying in the shop and it is the same spring mounting pad width as the van but a narrower rear end overall. Shock mounts stayed the same too and are unique to the vans. Both shocks go toward the front of the van. Front half of the van frames changed but the rear portion stayed pretty much the same.

I found a low mileage Dana 70 out of a newer Diesel van a few weeks ago complete for $300 with 4.10s. Should have snagged it.

I didn't know the Express vans came with 4.10s behind a Duramax. Interesting. I believe on the trucks they were only optioned with 3.73.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My tape measure and measurements I took at a junkyard say the vans stayed the same. The vans already had the wider mounting spread of the NBS trucks back in 96. I measured a Vortec Max 14 bolt SF I have laying in the shop and it is the same spring mounting pad width as the van but a narrower rear end overall. Shock mounts stayed the same too and are unique to the vans. Both shocks go toward the front of the van. Front half of the van frames changed but the rear portion stayed pretty much the same.

For years I've wondered why most axles have their dampers arranged pointing fore and aft. Does anyone why?