Lt4 intake on an L31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueGMCBurb

Reaction score
I apologize if there is already a thread on this topic. I've not been able to find any consistent information on this. I have a '96 GMC Suburban with the L31 and I want to get away from the spider injection. I am aware of the marine manifold swap. What I'm wondering is if an LT4 intake will fit on an L31 without any modifications. If not, are there any other manifolds that will allow me to keep fuel injection without the spider setup?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any manifold swap is going to require extensive modifcations. On a stock engine there is not much to gain either. The stock manifold will work well until you add lots of cubes, decent heads and a decent cam. I fed ~450 hp with the MPFI upgrade spider.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, LT1s have reverse flow heads. There are various aftermarket EFI intakes that fit vortec heads, none of them are direct bolt together swaps. I probably wouldn't choose such a short runner setup for a heavy truck.

BlueGMCBurb

Reaction score
Thank you all for the input. This is my first Vortec motor so I'm learning all the ins and outs of modding this motor.