door panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm working on my Tahoe door panels and was wondering who has dyed the carpet section at the bottom. I'm wondering what type of dye would work best. I have used aerosol dye on carpet before and it left it kinda crunchy feeling. So I'm wondering if some fabric dye in a spray bottle might not be better?

I'm wrapping the inserts in black leather I had. I'm also going with a new set of tan/chrome door handles with new trim rings. Debating painting the window switch/tweeter screen black. Might be too much with the carpet and inserts being black.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used SEM Color Coat on mine. It worked well, with no crunchy feeling, but the directions have you scrub it in after spraying it, and that made the carpet really "fuzzy" for lack of a better term. I think they also recommend that you only use it lighter to darker and only a few shades darker too. I used it to go from light gray to graphite.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I used SEM Color Coat on mine. It worked well, with no crunchy feeling, but the directions have you scrub it in after spraying it, and that made the carpet really "fuzzy" for lack of a better term. I think they also recommend that you only use it lighter to darker and only a few shades darker too. I used it to go from light gray to graphite.

Got a pic? Im wantin to do dark accents on my interior.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking about using RIT dye but now I'm reconsidering the aerosol dye. If it'll soften up some by rubbing on it without it coming off like chipping paint.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Graphite floor carpet from ACC
You must be registered for see images attach

SEM Graphite Color Coat dyed door panel carpet

Full door panel. The carpet was originally the same color as the cloth insert.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The color is a lot closer than the photos show. My garage is like a cave. I used that guide that Sewlow posted. It was spot on. Thanks Sewlow!