Door panel question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wantavant

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the little kinda circled gray piece comes off or is it part of the panel? mine is cracked in a few spots and want to replace it

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 20

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the little kinda circled gray piece comes off or is it part of the panel? mine is cracked in a few spots and want to replace it
I believe it is stapled on. Although they have their own part number, it is highly doubtful you will actually find an OEM replacement.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I believe it is stapled on. Although they have their own part number, it is highly doubtful you will actually find an OEM replacement.
And he would know! Most likely, your best bet is to get another door panel from the wrecking yard, and swap that trim piece (once you figure out how to remove it).

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
On the 95-up panel there's a trim-colored plastic next to the window sweep. That's the part he's asking about, pretty sure.

Richard
That it is, and looks like it will be fun to remove and replace. We all know how delicate these old interior plastics are.... especially if it's below 65° which is pretty much everywhere but Florida right now..... currently 18° in SW Houston, wind chill 7°. I just called in at work, since I had to Uber yesterday (and I prolly would slide off the steps, getting out of the trailer, or slip on the patio).